SMS app replacement

FatTony666#AC

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I really like the way the Sense SMS app groups conversations based on contact name, not number. I don't really like the look of the app, though, and would like to have pop-up notifications and better control over message notifications. Does anyone know of an 3rd party SMS app that has the option to group by name and not number and has the stuff I want notification-wise? To be clear, if it cannot group different numbers from the same contact into one thread, I don't want it.

TIA
-Tony

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I use Handcent which will give you a pop-up message just not sure about the grouping different numbers. Its free so give it a try and if you don't like it try something else.

FatTony666#AC

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
OK so, thanks for the suggestions but no one mentioned if the app has grouped messaging which I said was top priority... I guess I'll go download all of them and check for myself.

gruss

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Handcent does not do that. Shows as that same contact but different thread. HTC has the grouping thing down but hardly anyone notices ;)

sent from my phone

FatTony666#AC

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Handcent does not do that. Shows as that same contact but different thread. HTC has the grouping thing down but hardly anyone notices ;)

sent from my phone

Thank you. I did realize that most people only have one number that they receive texts on so the grouped contact messaging may go completely unnoticed by most. I only actually have one contact that I want this for. I text my wife when she is at work through her yahoo messenger and any nsfw stuff is texted to her phone. It makes it really easy to keep our conversation straight with them all grouped into one.

Maybe I'll contact the handcent developers and see if they could do this without much bloodshed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams