Simultaneous voice and data over 3G

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I seem to recall being able to do this at one point but now I can't get it to work..

...is it even possible? is anyone out there able to do it?

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I tried it a few days ago. I am in a 3g only area (and will be for some time :( )
I tried it out with my Hot Spot on in the car while my son was connected with his iPod touch watching youtube videos. I made him call me so i could test it out.

Pretty cool having his iPod play music thru my car stereo from youtube while i got a phone call on my TB (handsfree thru my TB car dock)...

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I was at my GFs house when I tried it, 3G only area and it didn't work...

I went to my house, Still a 3G only area, and it works..

If you guys recall that leaked verizon memo that came out just b4 the thunderbolt was released, it instructed employees not to talk about this feature with customers because it isnt up to par with the standards they have set for the company..

I guess its just very very very spotty and it depends on the tower...

I guess it should work with every 4g tower tho since those are all new

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I was at my GFs house when I tried it, 3G only area and it didn't work...

I went to my house, Still a 3G only area, and it works..

If you guys recall that leaked verizon memo that came out just b4 the thunderbolt was released, it instructed employees not to talk about this feature with customers because it isnt up to par with the standards they have set for the company..

I guess its just very very very spotty and it depends on the tower...

I guess it should work with every 4g tower tho since those are all new

Call Verizon and report the network issue. Sounds like they missed a tower. If no one reports it, they may never know it needs fixing.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
voice and data at the same time will work on 4g and eHPRD 3G ( boosted 3G for only Thunderbolts)

if those 2 networks are down or unavailable in your area you will have to go to Rev a 3g (normal 3g network) and will not be able to do voice and data at the same time.

here is a link on how to change your tbolt from eHPRD to Rev a as a last resort to network issues. :

forum.androidcentral.com/776839-post1.html