stock exchange mail settings

superskaterxes

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
so im using the stock exchange mail app and under settings it only gives me options to download mail from last day or 3 days. WTF? i want ALL my mail or atleast the last few months worth. my buddies nexus 1 has options for 1/3/7/31/all mail. is there anyway to get around this?

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure? I just went into the Stock email account that I have set up for my exchange 2010 server and I see these options under "Download past email"
1 day, 3 days, 7 days, 14 days, 30 days and All.

I also just went into an IMAP account that I also have setup in the stock email and the same options are there.

superskaterxes

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure? I just went into the Stock email account that I have set up for my exchange 2010 server and I see these options under "Download past email"
1 day, 3 days, 7 days, 14 days, 30 days and All.

I also just went into an IMAP account that I also have setup in the stock email and the same options are there.

yep i dont have those options. i did just root my phone so maby whatever bloat free rom i loaded changed this? r u on stock rom?

Shygar

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Also keep in mind the stock exchange sync only sync's your Inbox folder, not any subfolders. I'm using Touchdown for only this reason.

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Also keep in mind the stock exchange sync only sync's your Inbox folder, not any subfolders. I'm using Touchdown for only this reason.

Umm not sure why you think that, the stock HTC mail app synchronizes all my folders on my exchange mailboxes. You do have go into settings and tell it to do so, but it does. The only thing is it will only bring that email down to your device if you open the folder, otherwise to save space it doesn't download them.

As for the issue of not downloading all mail, I'm not sure why you have that issue, I have several exchange accounts configured and they all have the option to download all my email on the stock app.

xeon711

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have all the options to download mail as well. My sub-folders sync just fine when I view the folder it starts to grab the emails. Seems you have to view the folder first before they sync automatically. Using Zimbra NE ActiveSync. Works great!

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I have all the options as listed above ( I use 30 days).
It will show/sync all the folders/subfolders.
I use several under my sent and inbox.
As said, first time you open them up...it will have to update...then it just refreshes.

The only gripe I had about the stock mail app (where touchdown and K9 work) is that if you use rules to deliver mail directly to a folder (instead of move or drag and drop) it will not give you a notification.

K9 or Touchdown does.
I've just learned to drag and drop in Outlook or check and move via my Tbolt.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Touchdown is well worth the $20 if you need exchange and plan on sticking with Android. I've used it on the OG Droid, Fascinate and now the Thunderbolt and can't live without it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay