Poll - How much would you be willing to pay for a GOOD battery?

How much would you be willing to spend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
How much would you be willing to pay for a OEM slim battery (one that fits with no hump back) for your Thunderbolt that could last 12+ hours of actual heavy USAGE?

How much is your cell phone time worth? VOTE and send a message to HTC.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
Same price for what a lot of folks consider a GREAT battery and the "hump" doesn't seem to be as bad as some of people think. The pro of the battery performance seems to outweigh the con of the hump. I don't personally have one but plan on getting one in the near future as soon as my $30 recycle my old phone VZW gift card comes in.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I don't think someone should have to pay anymore than 50 bucks for a battery for a device that people are already paying hundreds of dollars for. Just my thoughts.

mc21

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I don't think someone should have to pay anymore than 50 bucks for a battery for a device that people are already paying hundreds of dollars for. Just my thoughts.

agreed, voted $50. they should let you pick the battery as you buy the phone. if you pick normal, you pay the advertised price. if you pick extended, add $20-$30.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
agreed, voted $50. they should let you pick the battery as you buy the phone. if you pick normal, you pay the advertised price. if you pick extended, add $20-$30.

For the price of these phones they should have better battery life as stock. You can keep the 32GB SD card. Give me a 16GB and better battery and I'll be satisfied. Stop trying to give me stuff that don't really matter and give me something, you know, SO I CAN USE THE PHONE WITHOUT HAVING TO CHANGE MY MORNING SCHEDULE TO BUMP CHARGE OR STAY TETHERED TO A COMPUTER OR WALL CHARGER.

anon(237872)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't agree more about having a better battery option when purchasing the phone.

I mean, I really wish they at least would have something similar to mophie juice pack for the iPhone. Basically just a case with a built in, rechargeable battery that dies first, then uses the phones battery.

Really wish there was a better battery and the extended doesn't' need to be as large as it is.

How much would I be willing to spend on a battery that we should have gotten out of the box?

$50.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't agree more about having a better battery option when purchasing the phone.

I mean, I really wish they at least would have something similar to mophie juice pack for the iPhone. Basically just a case with a built in, rechargeable battery that dies first, then uses the phones battery.

Really wish there was a better battery and the extended doesn't' need to be as large as it is.

How much would I be willing to spend on a battery that we should have gotten out of the box?

$50.

Exactly. And people want to say the extended battery isn't as bad as it looks. And that may be true but it's pure comedy that they really put something out that bulky on a device that's already big. I always put my phone in my pocket. I don't do cases nor holsters. So picture me having that thick arse extended battery in my work dress pants. Just plain silly.

anon(237872)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I came from a droid and I didn't do a case for that, but this phone is just too valuable for me at the current time to not get a case, so I got one with the phone. And I recently just ordered a case online.

But again, you offer us a new battery, twice the size AFTER everyone gets a regular case. Right, cause they don't even have any cases for the battery. It's insane.

They push you to buy a case, then a new battery, but now you have no case. I just don't get it. Wasn't planned out well at all.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

so, $20-$30 regardless what it cost to engineer, manufacture, and ship the battery?

mc21

May 8, 2010
Visit site
so, $20-$30 regardless what it cost to engineer, manufacture, and ship the battery?

$20-$30 for extended and you do not get the standard battery. according to their msrp, stock is $40 and extended is $50. so thats a $10 difference and i am saying of having the option of paying $20-$30 to get the extended and not get a standard size battery at all. I dont understand how that would affect the engineer or manufacturer since it would be designed and made by the same company. the only thing would be the shipping that would be affected as in they wont have specific numbers on how many of each battery to ship.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

$50.

So, you'd be willing to pay $300 for the phone with the battery I described, with a two year contract?

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
$20-$30 for extended and you do not get the standard battery. according to their msrp, stock is $40 and extended is $50. so thats a $10 difference and i am saying of having the option of paying $20-$30 to get the extended and not get a standard size battery at all. I dont understand how that would affect the engineer or manufacturer since it would be designed and made by the same company. the only thing would be the shipping that would be affected as in they wont have specific numbers on how many of each battery to ship.

Sorry, I thought you meant you would only pay $20-$30 dollars for a battery that would run the Thunderbolt for 12 hours of heavy usage.

You mean, just ADD $20-$30 dollars to the price of the phone and replace the OEM battery for the extended battery? So you would be willing to pay $270 - $280 for a Thunderbolt with a battery that could give you 12+ hours of heavy usage.

mc21

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I thought you meant you would only pay $20-$30 dollars for a battery that would run the Thunderbolt for 12 hours of heavy usage.

You mean, just ADD $20-$30 dollars to the price of the phone and replace the OEM battery for the extended battery? So you would be willing to pay $270 - $280 for a Thunderbolt with a battery that could give you 12+ hours of heavy usage.

yes but i would get $50 because of the corporate discount ;)

samuraifortruth

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
pay?

My personal opinion is if they come out with a better regular size battery then they should switch them out at no cost to us, the people paying an ungodly amount for the phone in the first place. Them doing that would not only be fair it would un ruffle all the ruffled feathers of the consumers they depend on in the first place.
Just my humble opinion.
Ronin

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I would pay 75 for a battery with the capacity of my hump back in a slim design.... Sucks I can't use my car dock or case with the hump.
But the battery life is just awesome...period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke