I'm on my last day of my return and my hotspot has not worked since day one. I've browsed multiple forums, tried multiple resolutions including a system restore, nothing works. I'll turn on the hotspot on with and my devices connect with no issues, then after a minute or 2, the hotspot will continue to reset itself including the 3g logo disappearing and reappearing. I would have to reboot to get my phone data back on. Now when the hotspot is not on I don't lose data as frequently but I do see the data disconnecting and reconnecting. I don't want to have to buy a 4g mifi but I really need hotspot access at my house since I am moving soon and have already disconnected my internet service. Is the phone defective or is it a software issue.
    03-31-2011 12:46 PM
    Sounds like it's the data drop out issue rather than a hotspot issue.

-Frank
    03-31-2011 12:48 PM
    what has Verizon said?
    03-31-2011 01:01 PM
    what has Verizon said?

I went to the Verizon store on Monday and they said there was a trouble ticket out on it which was told by a customer service rep to the store rep. I live in a strong 3g area and have never had reception issues on my DX or my other verizon phones. It's just the Tbolt that's been having issues.
    03-31-2011 01:22 PM
    I went to the Verizon store on Monday and they said there was a trouble ticket out on it which was told by a customer service rep to the store rep. I live in a strong 3g area and have never had reception issues on my DX or my other verizon phones. It's just the Tbolt that's been having issues.
    Have u seen this thread?

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...ead-first.html
    03-31-2011 01:33 PM
    I did and that did not fix the problem. Apparently having my security at WPA Tkip was causing my hotspot to freak out. I have it set to WPA2 and it's working ok so far.
    03-31-2011 05:35 PM
    I did and that did not fix the problem. Apparently having my security at WPA Tkip was causing my hotspot to freak out. I have it set to WPA2 and it's working ok so far.
    Hey, good to hear. WPA really is an old technology, now. It's very comon for a lot of wireless routers to have issues with this.

-Frank
    03-31-2011 05:54 PM
    I have a similar issue. The Hotspot works great for a bit. Then the 4g disappears and reappears causing me to lose my connection. The weird part is that is works perfect with USB tether connection. However when connected bu USB there is no data symbol on the device.
    03-31-2011 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD