Video Chatting Unsuccessful

peptoe

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had any success video chatting?

I know everyone says to try Tango, but has this worked for anyone?

The video works fine, but the audio is horrible. The only time the audio worked was when my wife and I tried it in the same house.

Anywhere else, its either a hitch pitched noise, a nonstop echo, or we can't hear each other.

Perhaps there's a setting I can fix, or does anyone know of another app that uses the front camera?

Thanks!

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

The video works fine, but the audio is horrible. The only time the audio worked was when my wife and I tried it in the same house.

Anywhere else, its either a hitch pitched noise, a nonstop echo, or we can't hear each other.

Perhaps there's a setting I can fix, or does anyone know of another app that uses the front camera?

Thanks!

QFT

I'm not on 4G, but I have tried it on WiFi and it got a little better. I think it's just too much data to choke through a 3G connection.

I'd love to find a better solution.

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Some have had success with tango using headphones. I have had some success with yahoo myself but the audio is still an issue. Fringe just released a beta I have not had a chance to try it yet.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!

Tango isn't optimized for the Thunderbolt yet, and the developer is currently working on a fix.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!

I just Tangoed with a friend on his AT&T iPhone across town. We could see each other fine, I could hear him, but he no hear me.....me not happy. :(

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
QFT

I'm not on 4G, but I have tried it on WiFi and it got a little better. I think it's just too much data to choke through a 3G connection.

I'd love to find a better solution.

I don't think it's a 3G problem, I think it's a THUNDERBOLT problem - namely the video voice problem.

I just Tangoed with a friend across town with his AT&T 3G phone, I could hear and see him fine - he could only see me but had to ask yes or no questions that I could shake my head up and down or side to side to answer. We gave up and just did a phone call.

This phone has so many bugs I'm thinking about sending it in to Orkin.

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of Skype, wasn't the official Skype app supposed to come out on March 28th or something?

Hmmm... maybe it is waiting for the video camera audio fix like you guys say, or maybe it's just behind schedule like most things on VZW? ;)

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I've heard from a few different friends that have the new Thunderbolt that Yahoo is the way to go. It's the only video chat at the moment that works flawlessly on the TB.
Good luck!

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Its not just the TB with this problem. TMO's MyTouch 4G has the same problems with Tango. On wifi I could hear sounds with bad picture. On 4G good picture and no sound.

Its a data transfer problem. Both connected phones have to be in an area with excellent reception for voicechats to work properly.

Last edited:

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
That makes sense DWR....I can't imagine anyone getting a perfect connection all the time. (but those iphone commercials sure want you to think so! The power of advertising and the wonder of greenscreen!) :D

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance