Toilet!!!!

thozgyz

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Got the extended battery on mine. It's much easier to keep a good grip on it. Fingers rest top and below the battery. The extra battery life is an added bonus.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
so i put the phone on rice over night and now it has just a little circle of it!!! awesome im going to leave it the whole day today... the rice really works crazy... so whoever was saying if u put power to it ur stuck , ur wrong!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
so i put the phone on rice over night and now it has just a little circle of it!!! awesome im going to leave it the whole day today... the rice really works crazy... so whoever was saying if u put power to it ur stuck , ur wrong!

LOL... just keep the positive thoughts... it doesn't always work that way over the long period after a water bath (or toilet exposure).

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
LOL... just keep the positive thoughts... it doesn't always work that way over the long period after a water bath (or toilet exposure).

yesterday at night i had it on all night then when i went to sleep i put it on the rice. i also found out i have insurance with bestbuy they just take 2 weeks to send me another one back.

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
yesterday at night i had it on all night then when i went to sleep i put it on the rice. i also found out i have insurance with bestbuy they just take 2 weeks to send me another one back.

Yeah I went with BB's insurance it covers water damage and has no deductible, as opposed to the $99 that VZW insurance charges.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Excellent. I'm glad that worked out for you. It's always worth a try at the least. It just takes patience. Kinda like watching paint dry...LOL

Tbolt meatclaws via talkatap

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
This is another time I would like to be a fly on the wall, watching a grown man building a rice pilaf ("rice, pile of") and then sticking his phone into it and staring at it for hours. Haha... some new form of Yoga? :)

-Frank

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
upstream I what like to see you explain to Verizon about your phone being wet and rooted at the same time if would have exhanged (providing you couldn't unroot).

See it now
Verizon: Mr. Upstream we have a problem with your phone!
You: Yeah I know it's wet!
Verizon: No that is not the only problem, it's rooted!
You: Yeah probably happened when it fell in the bottom the toilet, you know it got stuck there and I had to root it out?!!!

Upstream ha! ha!

scupperplug

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Next time that happens DONT put the battery in until youve completed the following... this may be your only chance

I'm posting this because I dropped my cell phone in the tub twice! and I was able to save it with this simple procedure. Perhaps this may help save you $$ some day. You never know..

I know it works because this is the second time I've done this on the SAME phone.

OK here it goes

-Time is of essence.

-Immediately open up your phone and take out the battery and Sim card.

-Towel dry the phone then gently tap any loose water out of the phone onto the towel

-Place your cell phone on your cable TV box. Yes, your cable TV box.
The box is just the right temperature to dry it out.

-Walk away and dont come back for 24 hours. Dont be tempted to put the
battery back in "Just to check" until tomorrow. You may short out your phone otherwise.

50% of the time it works every time...

PS if you dropped it in salt water your pretty much screwed. Although you may have a chance with a freshwater rinse first...

squane123

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Did you take a trip?!?

Ok, are you sure you dropped it in the crapper or did you just return from a week long excursion in south america. From my personal experience humidity can play hell on these smart phones. Just saying is all....

Rain816

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I went with BB's insurance it covers water damage and has no deductible, as opposed to the $99 that VZW insurance charges.

When i got my tbolt from bb and they told me about thier insurance policy, i seriously wanted to slap the ish outta every verizon company employee...i mean bb policy blows verizons out of the water. I can have water damage or even crack my screen and they will hook me right up with a new one.......amazing

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
When i got my tbolt from bb and they told me about thier insurance policy, i seriously wanted to slap the ish outta every verizon company employee...i mean bb policy blows verizons out of the water. I can have water damage or even crack my screen and they will hook me right up with a new one.......amazing

Yea they also told me they take 2 weeks, and they give you a crapy phone in the mean time

thaking83

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the best but plan and had to send my phone in too. Same ****ty flip phone to replace my fascinate but in 2 weeks I got a brand new phone no charge. So even if u gotta wait 2 weeks u might get a new phone or at minimum a new screen.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
question for some best buy ppl.

can you get the BB insurance (black tie) if you got your phone at a VZW store?

I am considering getting it if thats possible seeing as its $168 for 2 years of full protection from bb. or $7/month =168 for 2 years with a $99 deductible from vzw. so it is a better deal.

Last edited:

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I'll just chime in with my 2cents also:

The bag of rice trick works almost every time. But if time is of the essence you can put the phone in the bag of rice, and then also sit a hair dryer on *low setting next to the bag and just let it run for a day. The added heat will excite the water molecules and make them evaporate and get sucked up by the rice faster.

*putting it next to the AC seems like it would work because AC air is super dry, but it's also cold, which means the water molecules will slow down and not want to evaporate.

Unbelievable story time: My friend put her HTC droid Eris through a full washing machine cycle while it was on and didn't find it in there until hours later with it still turned on to a black screen. Three days in the rice bag had her phone back to running like new :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007