Received my Seidio External Charger Today

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Coupla quick observations...

-I like it.
-Can charge the external battery and the phone at the same time (like a dock without a cradle).
-Can charge the external battery from either AC or USB/Computer power
-Can be using USB cable as phone battery charger and/or sync at the same time while charging external battery on AC.
-Can charge HTC's 2750mAh Extended battery as well as HTC's Standard battery.

Note: Be careful on their website. The way this external charger can fit so many batteries is that it comes with an insert to fit your particular phone. Make sure you order the one for the ThunderBolt.

----Not posted with TapaTalk. Posted with VZW 4G/LTE Mobile Hotspot! Awesome!----

-Frank

aliasneo07

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the update.

I ordered one two days ago, should be receiving it soon. Only problem is today I took the battery out for the first time (Had to get at my Micro SD Card) and OMG the battery cover is a pain to get off. I can't imagine having to take it off to swap batteries every day!

I think I'll just buy an extended battery whenever they come out with a case that fits the TB with it, and keep my stock battery as a backup in case im stranded somewhere without power.

The fact that there really isn't a case that works with the extended battery irritates the hell out of me.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
...The fact that there really isn't a case that works with the extended battery irritates the hell out of me.

I would like to see a case for the extended battery be made so that the part that covers the battery actually takes the place of the battery cover so that it doesn't make it even bulkier.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Coupla quick observations...

-I like it.
-Can charge the external battery and the phone at the same time (like a dock without a cradle).
-Can charge the external battery from either AC or USB/Computer power
-Can be using USB cable as phone battery charger and/or sync at the same time while charging external battery on AC.
-Can charge HTC's 2750mAh Extended battery as well as HTC's Standard battery.

Note: Be careful on their website. The way this external charger can fit so many batteries is that it comes with an insert to fit your particular phone. Make sure you order the one for the ThunderBolt.

----Not posted with TapaTalk. Posted with VZW 4G/LTE Mobile Hotspot! Awesome!----

-Frank

Got mine today too, seems to work fine. There is an AC / USB switch on the side of the charger, make your you have it set for the correct power source.

I haven't tested if it actually charges two (phone and extra battery) at the same time or if only charges one at a time - like double charges for my DSLR batteries.

I used it today to charge my Seidio 1600 spare battery - yes, I was one of the fools that wasted good money on their "extended" battery.

I also got the Rugged Add-on Kit (for use with Seidio Innocase? II Surface) - and it is GREAT. I'll be using this when on the golf course in a few weeks!!

These three layers of added bulk not only feels good in my hand, it makes me wonder why HTC doesn't make a thicker body to house a bigger battery.

seidioonline.com

I was really waiting for - and will probably still buy - their ACTIVE X case.

These new two piece case designs (silicone inner and hard plastic skeleton) really feel good in my hand. And the silicone button coverings actually make using the power button and the volume rocker easier and better to use.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
OH, and with the USB port on the charger (and the included USB cord) means I can charge in the car too, because my Verizon car charger has a USB port on it as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton