Speakerphone Echo.....Echo!

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
When I am using the speakerphone and the person on the other end speaks, they get an awful echo back at them of their own voice. It is happening to people who are on land lines and also cell phones. They aren't using a speakerphone on their end either. I don't get an echo. It's just them getting their own voice back at them. Anyone have a solution for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Bump for a solution.

Well, I solved it. With the advice of an administrator in these forums, I went back to a store and exchanged my phone for a new one. My new one works flawlessly and doesn't have any echoes. Speakerphone works great now. It must be a hardware issue. The rep in the store said it must be an internal mic problem. I would advise you to just go to the store you bought it and tell them the issue and demand a new phone. Hopefully you are within your 14 days for the guaranty. I initially called tech support on *611 and they gave me a Bull S story about it being the network. Well, it isn't. It definitely was the phone. The next day while still having the problem, I went to the store and exchanged it and am very happy now. Good Luck.

Reactions: HiPower

HiPower

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
After my previous post, I generated a support ticket via email with HTC. They responded with (what looks like a form letter) do a soft reset along with removing any third party apps, and if that doesn't work, do a factory reset. If neither of those correct the problem, recontact HTC. :-(

anon(258826)

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten comments (not necessarily major complaints) from people on the other line saying they were hearing an echo when I was using speakerphone. Then I realized that I was holding my phone in such a way that sound was bouncing off my hand and directly back into the mic. Popped open the stand and set it down and voila! No more echo! I'm not saying that others aren't having notable issues; just saying that I am always happy to find a simple solution to a problem!

HiPower

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya on the simple solutions:) . I'll give that a try. I really don't want to exchange it as this is the only problem I've had with this phone.

anon(81073)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem. It can best be described as an ear-shattering scrape sound, combined with constant echo / reverb of your own voice. I tell my lady that it sounds like demonic, garbled nonsense atop of echo. Absolutely the worst speakerphone quality due to this echo.

We will probably swap the phone out this weekend. How unfortunate.

eth2

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
When I use the speakerphone, the person I am speaking with hears an echo or a screeching sound. If the volume is turned all the way up, it disappears. At 1/2 volume or less the problem appears.

skidawg

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
When I use the speakerphone, the person I am speaking with hears an echo or a screeching sound. If the volume is turned all the way up, it disappears. At 1/2 volume or less the problem appears.
Call up Verizon and have them send you a refurb... I did and I no longer have this problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy