App killed battery completely

Martin23kings

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok so does anybody know what PVMtpServiceStart is? it said it took up 80% of my phones battery today under 5 hours!!!! my battery has usually lasted me over 12 hours everyday i just dont know how this app was running and open

Martin23kings

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
i havent installed anything like that other than pandora but i have not opened that ina while i was listening to music earlier in the day but im not sure if thats the problem

MojaveHigh

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok so does anybody know what PVMtpServiceStart is? it said it took up 80% of my phones battery today under 5 hours!!!! my battery has usually lasted me over 12 hours everyday i just dont know how this app was running and open

I have that running on my TB right now and it is not causing that kind of battery drain. So it must be something that is USING it, not that actual service.

Still, I haven't heard of this Blockbuster issue... goes to investigate.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have that running on my TB right now and it is not causing that kind of battery drain. So it must be something that is USING it, not that actual service.

Still, I haven't heard of this Blockbuster issue... goes to investigate.

its a known runaway app. there is a thread on it.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-thunderbolt/69110-pvmtservicestart.html

after u update and disable auto update for the BB app it might still be in ur running processes but will no longer use any mem and power.

as for the OP. try turning off Bluetooth, wifi and gps when not in use. when at home or in a location with wifi switch to wifi.

turn down ur display brightness or leave it on auto.
there are alot of factors in battery drain. if its an app it should show in ur battery usage in settings.

good luck.
also check out the battery tips and tricks sticky post.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...underbolt-battery-complaints-tips-tricks.html