Finally got rid of the hissing during a call.

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to both of you. I've applied the change and it definitely improves the call quality. Curious though, how did you find this out?

shaddix

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
it changes the codec. evrc-b has better noise cancellation than evrc does. evrc uses 8k bandwidth I believe. the 13k uses 13k, and usually sounds better.(at least to me

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
EVRC-b is newer technology and an enhanced version of ERVC so I'm confused as to why this wouldn't be the default setting to begin with.

Reading other threads, people have made this same change on other Android devices and report improved quality.

shaddix

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
EVRC-b is newer technology and an enhanced version of ERVC so I'm confused as to why this wouldn't be the default setting to begin with.

the tower has to support it too, apparently not all the towers do. It will fall back to evrc if not.

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
the tower has to support it too, apparently not all the towers do. It will fall back to evrc if not.

If it switches automatically, what's the harm in making it the default? I'm almost thinking it's more of an oversight than being an intentional choice.

Now, how about all those other settings? Any other improvements hiding inside that programming menu?

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm also wondering if there's not a hidden biggest of gold in those menus to fix the camcorder audio issue.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
If it uses more bandwidth than that's why it isn't the default ..

Don't forget the golden rule of business

Cost cutting
Cost cutting
Cost cutting

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Did this a year ago on my INC and it definitely was an improvement. I live the call quality on my TB as is but this might make it even better. Thanks for posting, I had been looking but couldn't find the procedure in the INC forum from a year ago.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Did this a year ago on my INC and it definitely was an improvement. I live the call quality on my TB as is but this might make it even better. Thanks for posting, I had been looking but couldn't find the procedure in the INC forum from a year ago.

Use the exact procedure on the INC???

swamp

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I've also read that the network "decides" this, not the phone. However, it seems that this functionality must be on the phone side. Maybe VZW's defaults are to maximize total network capacity and this is an option for those who complain about call quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech