Power Button - Hard to Push

bryanandrews001

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
The power button definitely was a problem on my TBolt. I was living with it, and pushing really hard to get it on.

Went to Verizon and made them try it. Challenged him to turn the phone on 4 times in a row successfully. :)

Anyway they replaced it and the button works much better (with a light touch), but obviously it's still a concern moving forward.

I recommend ANYONE having a hard time pushing the power button on their TBOLT, go to verizon (preferably before the 15 days is up to make it easy on you), and get a replacement.

shaneneff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. VZW store swapped it out with no questions. I am hopeful it doesn't return with the replacement.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

rasfeld.4

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
For me the button is only hard to push sometimes because of the case, but I have a friend that has one that sticks.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

cdunn05#AC

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Its a known manufacturing defect. It can happen to any Thunderbolt. Generally noticed immediately out if the box if it is an issue with that device.

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Bryan agree with following statements above, take phone back and swap the phone out. Your phone has what it's called Sticky Button Sydrome.

nativi

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
My button works fine my its so flat is hard to push. Sometimes I don't know if I pushed it or not but it works

MojaveHigh

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
My power button was hard to push in the beginning but it seems better now. I think I just got used to it. But now I worry that I may have one of those defective buttons. Still, I usually only have a problem one time in 20 and I'm now officially past the 14 day timeframe.

bryanandrews001

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
If the button is good, you should barely have to push it. If bad, you will find yourself pushing hard -- you should not have to push hard to get the power button to work. In fact it likely makes it worse over time to push harder.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
My power button was hard to push in the beginning but it seems better now. I think I just got used to it. But now I worry that I may have one of those defective buttons. Still, I usually only have a problem one time in 20 and I'm now officially past the 14 day timeframe.
You need pay no nevermind to the 14 day thing. You have a one year VZW warranty for manufacturer's defects. No worries, mate! :)

-Frank

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
If the button is good, you should barely have to push it. If bad, you will find yourself pushing hard -- you should not have to push hard to get the power button to work. In fact it likely makes it worse over time to push harder.
Agreed. What compounds this issue is that, from an OFF state, the TBolt will behave differently when turning it on depending on whether or not it is connected to power. If it is connected to power (i.e. charging) you can push the button quickly and leggo! It will start booting right up. If it is not connected to a power source, you have to hold the button till you see the screen light up or until you hear feel the vibration - this can take a few seconds or more.

So, I suspect, due to these differences in power button behavior, and our unfamiliarity with a new phone, some of us are pushing way too hard, expecting to duplicate the last behavior, when in fact we may have changed the paradigm by unplugging it. So we just push harder! :D

When your only tool is a hammer, all of your problems look like nails!
:)

-Frank (Ape Man!)
drunk.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel