Wipe out your "Backup My Settings"

AstroStrat89

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
So after doing about 8 hard resets I figured out how to wipe out all the crap you get downloaded back to you from the Google cloud backup feature. After some searching it seemed no one quite had the whole picture.

I'm the type of user that like to start "fresh" now and again. I'll go though phases where I download tons of apps to try them out and the best way for me to get rid of them is to wipe and start over. Well coming from an Eris I was not used to the auto restore feature.

Here's what I figured out.

Not sure if it's true for all users but for some reason no matter what I did when I unchecked the "Backup my settings" it would never delete the backup from the cloud. So to physic it out I skipped the Google logon during the 1st setup phase. Then I was able to go into the settings and uncheck the Automatic Restore. Now this kept it from restoring my settings from the cloud but didn't overwrite what was on the cloud. (I would still like to use the feature). So I rechecked the "Backup my settings" and install one app (Google Sky) and that seems to have over written my cloud data. I was able to wipe the phone again, and this time allow the Automatic Restore and I only got Google Sky loaded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463