Please help. moving Windows Mobile 6.1 Calendar to Thunderbolt

ORSalesRep

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Is there any solution, third party, whatever, (I will pay for software if I have to) that will allow my to transfer the last 6 years of appointments along with attached notes from my Windows Mobile 6.1 phone to the Google Calendar on the cloud without Outlook? I have tried Google Sync and for some reason all 981 Contacts sync perfectly, but not all of the 6581 appointments back to 2003 end up syncing. Please help!

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
What exactly happens with your calendar? Do you get an error message? What is it? Are you using Activesync?

-Frank

KingChicago

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I think what you are going to have to do is import the calender to your windows based computer, then make the calender public through the sharing option, which is only a temporary thing. Hold on, found someone who has a sort-of answer...

HERE.

The google calender should sync automatically to your android phone.

Last edited:

ORSalesRep

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
What exactly happens with your calendar? Do you get an error message? What is it? Are you using Activesync?

-Frank
Frank
I don't get an error. I can watch the progress on the phone that basically progresses slowly, ie: 200/6185, 300/6185 etc. Then after it goes all the way through the 6185, the progress bar starts all over and it starts looking for changes again. I then check my Google calendar online there are a lot of missing items still. After it finishes looking for changes, I then get a counter of 0/1186.

jim302

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I know you don't want to use Outlook, but may I ask why?

The options for Windows Mobile are limited. If Google Sync isn't working, the next bes thing does unfortunately involve Outlook. You could sync with the native software for Windows Mobile, then export from Outlook to Google Calendar (or use Google's PC based sync software). Once it is in Google, you could forget about Outlook again. If the Outlook to Google trick won't work, you could sync to your phone using HTC Sync, then forget about Outlook again.

If you don't have Outlook, there is a free trial: Try Office 2010 - Microsoft Office

If that just isn't an option, a program called PIM Backup that I used to use on my HTC XV6800 can export your contacts, calendar, etc to a plain text format. Unfortunately, I don't know if it is a CSV that could easily be imported into Google Calendar, or if you would have a ton of work cut out for you. I think it exports to a CSV (or something similar) if you tell it to use text instead of binary, but am not 100% sure. Here's a link: Dotfred's PimBackup

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
You can use OggSync. It is made for Windows phones to sync with Google Calendar. It also has a version that runs in Windows (on the desktop) and will transfer calendar and contacts quite well.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Frank
I don't get an error. I can watch the progress on the phone that basically progresses slowly, ie: 200/6185, 300/6185 etc. Then after it goes all the way through the 6185, the progress bar starts all over and it starts looking for changes again. I then check my Google calendar online there are a lot of missing items still. After it finishes looking for changes, I then get a counter of 0/1186.
I suspect what could possibly be your problem is that you have one or more "corrupted" calendar entries. I had a similar issue with one corrupted entry on my Touch Pro2 WinMo6.1 phone. I was able to overcome it by following this advice: Outlook cannot parse the property 'created' near line 81. - Calendar Help

If you could export (or sync) your entries to a computer where you could check for the existence of this "00000...." "CREATED DATE" and delete that entry, the whole shebang may then sync.

-Frank

ORSalesRep

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
You can use OggSync. It is made for Windows phones to sync with Google Calendar. It also has a version that runs in Windows (on the desktop) and will transfer calendar and contacts quite well.

I don't think OggSync will let me synchronize past appointments all the way back to 2003. Unless I am wrong, I think th configurable date range is 365 days only.

ORSalesRep

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I suspect what could possibly be your problem is that you have one or more "corrupted" calendar entries. I had a similar issue with one corrupted entry on my Touch Pro2 WinMo6.1 phone. I was able to overcome it by following this advice: Outlook cannot parse the property 'created' near line 81. - Calendar Help

If you could export (or sync) your entries to a computer where you could check for the existence of this "00000...." "CREATED DATE" and delete that entry, the whole shebang may then sync.

-Frank

Okay, sounds like something to try. Frank, can you please provide steps on the easiest way to find these bad/corrupted entries? I am kinda new, so the more details to follow the better and I will be very grateful and send some good Karma your way. Please remember, I would have to be able to export my entries to the desktop computer from my Windows Mobile 6.1 phone and I don't know how to do that.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Okay, sounds like something to try. Frank, can you please provide steps on the easiest way to find these bad/corrupted entries? I am kinda new, so the more details to follow the better and I will be very grateful and send some good Karma your way. Please remember, I would have to be able to export my entries to the desktop computer from my Windows Mobile 6.1 phone and I don't know how to do that.
I wish I could provide steps, but I can't. My situation was different, but this looked like it may be a reason why your sync is failing. I know it is frustrating. You've got so many years of appointments needing to be synced it is difficult. I just checked in MS Outlook and Outlook itself will not allow you to export more than about a years worth of appointments.

-Frank

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63