old calendar entries, might have to switch to Apple after 5 days

ORSalesRep

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
How do I get my Thunderbolt to download all past appointments from my Google calendar (2003) to my new device? it only show old appts back2 months. This could be a deal breaker for me to leave the Android fold after 5 days. I hope not!

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
How do I get my Thunderbolt to download all past appointments from my Google calendar (2003) to my new device? it only show old appts back2 months. This could be a deal breaker for me to leave the Android fold after 5 days. I hope not!

It's an Android issue. There are work arounds to upload a snapshot of your old data and then use the way it's designed from this point forward. Do some googling and you'll find the threads.

But it ain't pretty. And if you screw it up, you could lose your entire historical data. Be careful.

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Here's how:

Go to accounts, then ur google account and turn off all sync.

Go to applications>manage applications and click the "all" tab up top.

Find the calendar app and the calendar storage app. Tap them and then hit clear cache and clear data in both.

Go to settings>date and time and unchecked the option for set date and time automatically.

Manually adjust the date and time on the phone to Jan 1st 2003 (you did say u wanted to go back to 2003 right?)

Now go back to accounts and recheck all sync options in ur Google account. Let it sync for a while then you can go back into time and date and check the auto time and date and do another sync.

You should see all hose events populate into ur calendar shortly. It may be a slight delay after sync.

Let me know if it works for ya....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I like how someone finds one little thing they dont like then comes here saying "im going to apple!"

We are very happy to help with a problem here but, we really could care less if you want to get an outdated locked down piece of junk.

have fun and good luck

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I like how someone finds one little thing they dont like then comes here saying "im going to apple!"

We are very happy to help with a problem here but, we really could care less if you want to get an outdated locked down piece of junk.

have fun and good luck

LOL.... In the AC forums, that's a threat tactic that is known to either A) generate a flurry of responses that solves the problem quickly and efficiently, from people that care enough to try to stop someone from going to the iPhone, or B) generate attention for attention mongers. :)

ORSalesRep

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Here's how:

Find the calendar app and the calendar storage app. Tap them and then hit clear cache and clear data in both.

Go to settings>date and time and unchecked the option for set date and time automatically.

Manually adjust the date and time on the phone to Jan 1st 2003 (you did say u wanted to go back to 2003 right?)

Now go back to accounts and recheck all sync options in ur Google account. Let it sync for a while then you can go back into time and date and check the auto time and date and do another sync.

You should see all hose events populate into ur calendar shortly. It may be a slight delay after sync.

GMan,

I was so excited to see your suggestion. Thank you! However, for some reason, unless I did something wrong, it still won't pull down my older calendar events. after following your instructions and resyncing with the device back dated to 2003, the spinning sync wheel goes for about 30 seconds and then stops spinning and then disappears. Then when I go back into the application manager and select calendar storage it is showing that the total data storage is 744KB. Can you offer any other help please?

Thanks
Steve

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
GMan,

I was so excited to see your suggestion. Thank you! However, for some reason, unless I did something wrong, it still won't pull down my older calendar events. after following your instructions and resyncing with the device back dated to 2003, the spinning sync wheel goes for about 30 seconds and then stops spinning and then disappears. Then when I go back into the application manager and select calendar storage it is showing that the total data storage is 744KB. Can you offer any other help please?

Thanks
Steve

Try this thread: Issue 3672 - android - Calendar app won't sync events older than 1 month - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Also, even though it's not a solution, if you need to just look up an old appt, you can log in to your gmail account with the browser and select 'More' at the top for the calendar. You can't search or even jump to a month (you have to scroll back with the < button), but you can see all the data.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Is there a reason you want entries from 8 years ago? I really cant see why but thats just me.

I'd like it too as occasionally it's nice to be able to pinpoint a date where I did something specific. Not a huge deal to me, but for some biz people, could be really necessary.

Like the OP, I'm coming from an iPhone. It's taking a bit to understand what the limitations are with Android as I has learned how to do things with iOS and it's limitations. Just needing to relearn how to do the same things.

Each OS has it's workarounds. This one of not being able to get calendar data in the Calendar app seems kinda silly.

That said, I used to use the native iPhone Mail, Contact, and Calendar connecting to my Gmail data via their MS Exchange connection. Maybe this has something to do with it working on the iPhone but not Android as we connect via our regular login of our gmail UN and password, rather than having to configure any Exchange data/IMAP settings.

Dunno. Haven't tried to reconfigure everything.

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Is there a reason you want entries from 8 years ago? I really cant see why but thats just me.

I don't know about you, but I have problems with the cops pulling me over, pointing a gun in my face and demanding to know where I was 5 years, 3 months, 15 days, 5 hours and 12 minutes ago. If I don't immediately pull up an answer on my phone, they shoot me.

Reactions: dajogejr

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
@steve0617 I see now.

I don't know about you, but I have problems with the cops pulling me over, pointing a gun in my face and demanding to know where I was 5 years, 3 months, 15 days, 5 hours and 12 minutes ago. If I don't immediately pull up an answer on my phone, they shoot me.

Yeah I can see how that would really come in handy!!:-*

aplsucks

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Needing to know appointments from 8 years ago? Really? I mean ppl dsont even keep financial papers that long. But whatever, hope you figure it out.

ORSalesRep

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Here's how:

GMAN ROCKS!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH. These instructions do work! So contrary to all who said it is not possible to do, GMAN came to the rescue!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance