How do Bolt owners feel about imminent release of Samsung Droid Charge?

saraheba

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
After dealing with the pos continuum I will never own another Samsung. Happy with my bolt.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

oma1340

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Bolt!! I had a BB Tour, then the iPhone4 which I had for about 10 days and hated it....no customization, etc... so traded that in for the Thunderbolt! It is an AWESOME phone and would not trade it for anything!! There is always going to be another phone that supposedly will be better and greater and that is just something we all have to live with! ;o)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Samsung = No Way. They have botched up every Android phone so far, poor support for OS updates and when they do they are botched up. Oh and lest we forget the Galaxy S Fascinate that is STILL waiting for Android 2.2 and we are coming up pretty quickly on 1 year since 2.2 hit the Incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Samsung = No ***** Way. They have botched up every Android phone so far, poor support for OS updates and when they do they are botched up. Oh and lest we forget the Galaxy S Fascinate that is STILL waiting for Android 2.2 and we are coming up pretty quickly on 1 year since 2.2 hit the Incredible.

Please watch the language, if you are going to Have a Samsung bashing thread at least do it without trying to circumvent the language rules

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
No regrets. Its a samsung. They will always suck when it comes to mobile phones. They sell you the phone and will be the last ones to update their phones like always, and will blame it on the carrier for not allowing updates. Like HTC, Motorola have a hard time getting updates for their phones.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
No regrets. Its a samsung. They will always suck when it comes to mobile phones. They sell you the phone and will be the last ones to update their phones like always, and will blame it on the carrier for not allowing updates. Like HTC, Motorola have a hard time getting updates for their phones.

They do. DX was suppose to have froyo a week or two after they launched and it didnt come till late october. 3 months later. I remember watching that moto/adobe press conference and no one would shut up about the late froyo that was promised

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
They do. DX was suppose to have froyo a week or two after they launched and it didnt come till late october. 3 months later. I remember watching that moto/adobe press conference and no one would shut up about the late froyo that was promised

Atleast you get the update. 3 months is not a long time after release to have a major update to the OS. How about 8-9 months that samsung took to come out with the 2.2 update while all the other devices in the market were shipping with 2.2 or were being updated.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Atleast you get the update. 3 months is not a long time after release to have a major update to the OS. How about 8-9 months that samsung took to come out with the 2.2 update while all the other devices in the market were shipping with 2.2 or were being updated.

the point was that samsung isnt the only one held up

.....Anyway consider the Dead Horse Beaten.... Reguardless of all this, ill still be getting the Charge. I want my phones to be smooth and fuction when i need it to and be responsive. Thankfully i was able to modify it enough beyond what i was able to do with my DX and all the other phones i have had or worked with.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't like Samsung products. I had a Samsung a few years ago and it did work well in my home. I would be dialing and lose signal. I would be on a call and get disconnected. But anywhere else it worked great. I couldn't have a phone that didn't work in my home. I will not try again. I prefer HTC and the Sense UI I have no issues with call quality with my Incredible. Everything is great.

Accrete

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
this might be my first post in the forum, i'm not sure (yup, just checked). been reading for a couple months in anticipation of purchasing my first android phone, and currently leaning toward the Tbolt but...i have to drive to portland to check it out (100 miles from my home on the oregon coast) or just purchase it online as no retailers have it here yet.

I saw this thread and read the first 10 pages of posts as i currently have a 2007 model year Samsung i760 running WinMobile 6 that i absolutely LUV. Never had a problem with anything on the phone and it still does everything i _think_ i need from a phone, but i'm gonna just upgrade anyway as i've given my last 2 upgrades to my wife. We will both probably get new Tbolts this month after the 12th.

: )

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
the point was that samsung isnt the only one held up

.....Anyway consider the Dead Horse Beaten.... Reguardless of all this, ill still be getting the Charge. I want my phones to be smooth and fuction when i need it to and be responsive. Thankfully i was able to modify it enough beyond what i was able to do with my DX and all the other phones i have had or worked with.

True. I have the thunderbolt, the only other phone I would consider may be is the galaxy s 2 (given it might already have gingerbread on it) or even evo 3d, I know its sprint, but I am sure I would be able to sell the thunderbolt for 350 to cancel my contract. All my friends have sprint and I think they have pretty good service in my area.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
After all the battery controversy with the Thunderbolt, it's kind of ironic for Verizon to name their next LTE device (The Charge).:p

I'm happy with my Bolt.. love everything about it.

JRZLocal

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I have no regrets about my thunderbolt. as far as the battery I had an incredible before this so I knew the battery wasn't going to be great. Got a charger and 2 batteries from ebay and no problems.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a BOLT but even I would look past Samdung

Absolutely no interest in any future Samsung Android devices. They had their chance with the Galaxy S series to prove that they had changed their ways when it comes to software upgrades and failed miserably (even the prototype model the European Galaxy S didn't get it till January of this year -- months after it should have). My Fascinate will be "retired" after the Droid Bionic launches.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma