Yeah another one about the battery..

poncyponce

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Soo i just got my Thunderbolt on sunday and first off let me say that i love it! My problem is of course the battery. I let the battery drain before first charge then plugged it in. After about 3 hours (once it was fully charged) i unplugged it like the guy at Verizon told me to do, and my battery is dying really quick. I plugged it in last night til it was fully charged, unplugged it, and left it on my desk. When i woke up the battery was at half! I knew the battery was bad but i didn't think it was this bad. Any suggestions or help?? :confused:

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Soo i just got my Thunderbolt on sunday and first off let me say that i love it! My problem is of course the battery. I let the battery drain before first charge then plugged it in. After about 3 hours (once it was fully charged) i unplugged it like the guy at Verizon told me to do, and my battery is dying really quick. I plugged it in last night til it was fully charged, unplugged it, and left it on my desk. When i woke up the battery was at half! I knew the battery was bad but i didn't think it was this bad. Any suggestions or help?? :confused:

There are things you need to do and the battery just needs to be conditioned a bit. Last night I went to bed with the battery at 95% and woke up with 83%. Still not exactly stellar as I wasn't using it, but I've not been doing any of the conditioning steps and I've just done the other things in the settings. Heck I haven't even let my battery drain all the way yet and I've had it since 9:30 AM launch day.

mnblondie

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
There's a lot of different things you can do that will help, such as turning off the vibrate. You may want to consider getting the extended battery as well.

poncyponce

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
what are these things i need to do? I done some of the tips to help the battery(dim screen, turn off lte, etc) But i can understand if i was actually using it. The thing that bothered me is that i wasn't using it. It was on my desk all night and it drained to halfway when i woke up :/

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
what are these things i need to do? I done some of the tips to help the battery(dim screen, turn off lte, etc) But i can understand if i was actually using it. The thing that bothered me is that i wasn't using it. It was on my desk all night and it drained to halfway when i woke up :/

The biggest battery hog aside from the screen is the automatic syncing that it does for all of the apps and email that you may have. At the very least you could turn Auto Sync off before you go to bed. I leave it off all the time because when I'm at work I can check my email anytime I want anyway. I just have everything update when I open the app or email account.

And like I said, if you just got it on Sunday, the battery needs to be conditioned and broken in. Your battery will last longer as it gets used more.

poncyponce

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! yeah i'll keep messing with the setting and stuff and try to save as much battery as i can. another question i have is how long did everyone charge their TB on first charge. Usually i hear to first charge them for a high number of hours, but the Verizon guy told me just unplug it when its fully charged after about 3 hours. I wonder if not letting it charge for longer might have something to do with it?

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
*#*#4636#*#*
Put that code into the phone app and you can turn off the LTE radio, or you can download a toggle from the market

Turn your brightness down to about 25 to 30 percent.

After the 5th charge cycle, my phone lasts 10 to 12 hrs with HEAVY use and 24hrs or more with normal use. Try and use wifi when possible.

DO NOT USE A TASK KILLER. It kills tasks that htc needs to run on android so they start fighting with each other, turning them on and off over and over again.

That's it man. I also keep a spare battery in my pocket, but I haven't needed to use it yet.

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
im telling u after normal use and battery conditioning over about a week u will see great increases...

battery is brand new, it has to be worked in man

roxy surf

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! yeah i'll keep messing with the setting and stuff and try to save as much battery as i can. another question i have is how long did everyone charge their TB on first charge. Usually i hear to first charge them for a high number of hours, but the Verizon guy told me just unplug it when its fully charged after about 3 hours. I wonder if not letting it charge for longer might have something to do with it?

I heard you should keep it charging for a an hour or so after the light turns green...I used to charge it overnight as i slept, so it would be on the charger for a very long time after its finished charging...when i woke up for work, I would take it off the charger and start using it for the day...the battery started immediately draining and would be dead in 2 hours with moderate usage...now I take it off the charger an hour or 2 when its finished and I'm getting much better battery life...I *think* this has something to do with the phone going into sleep mode (or whatever its called) and I don't think the phone sleeps when its on the charger..I could be very wrong but so far, this has given me at least 12 hours of moderate to heavy usage..

dreitzell78

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded Juice Defender beta from the market and just put on default profile, this seems to make a huge difference in my battery performance. I am getting much longer use after downloading. Some people may not like it, but has worked for me. It may be worth a shot to help you. I can make a whole day easily with moderate to heavy use, which is all i need it to do.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Another thing that has a huge affect on battery is network strength. If you're in an area where either the 4G or 3G network signal isn't great, it will keep searching for networks more often and drain the battery faster.

Also, I've found that using WIFI when available does conserve the battery as well, but I recommend turning off WIFI when you're no longer in range of an available network.

For what it's worth, I got my phone just over a week ago, and my battery life does seem to have improved a bit since the first day or two...although that's probably because I'm not "playing" with it as often as I was the first day or two...

poncyponce

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
yeah i'll wait a bit and see how my battery turns out. i went to check my battery usage and "PVMptStartupService" or something like that was using a big chunk of battery. after reading more post in here it turns out that had to do with the blockbuster app or something. anyway i got rid of that now so maybe my battery will be a bit better, however, now its showing that my display is also using a great chunk of batery usage even when i have the brightness set really low. is this ok?

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
yeah i'll wait a bit and see how my battery turns out. i went to check my battery usage and "PVMptStartupService" or something like that was using a big chunk of battery. after reading more post in here it turns out that had to do with the blockbuster app or something. anyway i got rid of that now so maybe my battery will be a bit better, however, now its showing that my display is also using a great chunk of batery usage even when i have the brightness set really low. is this ok?

Ugh, Blockbuster. If you followed the steps to disable that then you should immediately see huge improvements.

Display will always be your #1 battery hog, though. Personally I just set it to auto and let it do its thing and my battery life is fine.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I get 10-15 hours after 2 weeks of breaking in the battery and also the OS. android learns ur usage habits and can manage apps and settings to give you better life.

I run 4g 100% of the time and have the screen an auto brightness. first week u are going to have a hard time with the battery..we all did. if you stick it out and just use ur phone. with time and a few tweaks you will be just fine :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad