How do you play a 3GP file on the Thunderbolt?

thamadness

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I received a gmail with a 3gp file, it won't let me play it??? Does anyone know how to make this work? Is there an app? If you receive videos from a blackberry phone, they send out in 3gp format.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I received a gmail with a 3gp file, it won't let me play it??? Does anyone know how to make this work? Is there an app? If you receive videos from a blackberry phone, they send out in 3gp format.

I haven't had any issues with playing 3GP formats. There are some video sites that give you the option of playing in MP4 or 3GP formats and I've tried both and both have played fine. Of course the MP4 format is higher quality, but haven't had any issues playing 3GP format.

thamadness

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
it was a 1MB 3GP file that someone sent to me via email. It arrived in gmail, you can't do anything with the file except preview. When you click preview, it asks you to login to gmail. From there, you can download the file, but it let's you know nothing will or can play it.

elai1108

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
it was a 1MB 3GP file that someone sent to me via email. It arrived in gmail, you can't do anything with the file except preview. When you click preview, it asks you to login to gmail. From there, you can download the file, but it let's you know nothing will or can play it.
Sounds like you may have a bad file. Try getting another copy.

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The only solution I have come up for with this is:

Dowliad the file to ur phone from the email. Should end up in SD card/download. Get astro file manager from the market. Navigate to the file with astro and long press it. Choose open as.... Then choose video. Should play fine.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463