Gmail question- help??

lapeter

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Can't find info on this specific problem. On my computer my gmail account shows an email chain as one email with all of the responses in one email. On my TB there is no chain and every response in a new email. It kind of clogs up the page when one email chain is 20 different emails on my TB and only one on my computer. There must be a simple answer, but I can't seem to find it. TIA and Aloha.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Can't find info on this specific problem. On my computer my gmail account shows an email chain as one email with all of the responses in one email. On my TB there is no chain and every response in a new email. It kind of clogs up the page when one email chain is 20 different emails on my TB and only one on my computer. There must be a simple answer, but I can't seem to find it. TIA and Aloha.

if you're using the HTC Mail app or widget, then it shows it as individual emails (by default)

in the Gmail app, it will show it as a Thread.

it bugs me that it's that way.

if you're intent on using the HTC Mail app, then open the app--and at the bottom, highlight the Conversations icon instead of the Inbox icon (the row goes Inbox, Conversations, Favorites, Unread, Attachments). It will then show all of the associated (Replies/Forwards) associated with a single email. However, it will not be clustered into a single email that can be read. it will be individual email responses.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrankXS and lapeter

lapeter

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I broke down and called HTC. If you use the HTC mail app (comes with the TB) there is nothing you can do. If you download the Gmail app from Market, you get the same set up as the computer- one email chain that may have 20 emailing in it. Much better for me. HTC mentioned that they are working on a fix, but now I don't need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781