additional photo folders in the gallery? please help

sandslayer

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, with no luck am I able to create additional folders to customize my pictures. I even downloaded a custom picture app (quickPic) but it has the same problem. Coming from blackberry were I could create dozens of separate picture folders has my very disturbed that my Android cant do such a simple task that to me is a necessity. Please help!

Jrocker23

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I use quickpic and gallery. All i can tell you is the following

With the stock gallery, you have to make individual folders and place them on the sd card itself not in any other folders like the DCIM folder. The phone by nature saves all pics and vids taken to the DCIM/100media folder. If you dont want a folder to be seen by gallery or any pic app, just rename it with a . (period) in front of the name.

Now with quickpic, you can put the folders on the sd card or in the dcim folder and name each folder what you like. I had them on the sd card for a while then moved all my folders inside the dcim folder and all works well. Also with quickpic, you can long press any folder you dont want viewable and select exclude and that folder wont show up in quickpic...

if you have done this and it doesnt work for you, I would not know why...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt