4G teases Gainesville, Fl

Puterguru

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
45 minutes or so from Gainesville here. A rep told me that Gainesville would definitely be getting 4G very soon. I'm already covered.

satterf

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happened in Tallahassee a couple weeks ago and we were told by Verizon reps that they were testing the 4g network. Still not on in the capital city.

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I saw 4G for a second today around 10:30 while on campus. I wasn't able to do a speedtest or even try it out... but I saw the symbol. Lol.

appleseatberries

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm a rep for Verizon in Gainesville and from what I understand there are a few test sites in Gainesville. So, it is very well possible you will hit 4G here from time to time until the rumored launch date in August.

Again all this is rumored from other reps and nothing is for sure.

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
GO GATORS!!!

Maybe 4G LTE will be there by the time I drive up for football again?

BTW...Stubbies is the place for beers. Yes...my name is on the wall.

terminalinfinity

May 18, 2011
Visit site
As of around 11:00PM Tuesday night, 4G is up and running strong in Gainesville, Florida.

Speed test app on my thunderbolt is show a maximum of 19.85 Mbps down and 9.87 Mbps up in with 4 bars.

My thunderbolt hooked up to my computer through easy tether is showing a maximum download speed of 9Mbps. The mobile hotspot gives me about 14mbps max download speed. Both easily fast enough to watch netflix in HD.

On the fringe of 4G coverage near Santa Fe College where I work, I can get 4G with the switch app. (by putting it to LTE only mode) Otherwise it tends to want to go back to 3G. Even still, using easytether, I get 6Mbps download speed on my computer! On the very edge of coverage!

Anyway, I'm a new member. I've been following this thread for info ever since I found the site and thread looking for info when 4G blipped on in Gatortown!