Special upgrade from Verizon

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
as Bats said, I would just call them up and see what they can do for you. the worst they can do is say no. good luck!

Believe me, I've tried...over and over and over. I've gotten a "no" every time. I'm not eligible for upgrade until July 6th. I'm going to keep trying periodically though...maybe I'll get lucky.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Our account has 4 lines and we haven't received anything from Verizon. Luckily I'm due for an upgrade next Friday but was hoping I could get my phone today!

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded day one on a sub account. Last week i received the flyer in the mail saying that i could upgrade that particular number, (too late). My kids wanted the Thunderbolt also, so i talked my wife into buying one full price if i got the other. So while we were waiting at Verizon she decides to call CS,spoke with them for a moment and they gave us two early upgrades. Those two numbers were not due until Nov. Since we got the upgrades and saved a few dollars we went to BB and got her one for full price, (price matched) for $599. So call CS and they should be able to work with you.
I'll have to see if they'll take the flyer for my wife's line (not eligible til end of July). That would be slick.

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I didn't get the flyer posted, had opening day Tigers game to go too. Yes it has the 2 lines on my plan listed on the flyer. My buddy down the road got one too, so I'm not sure what the criteria is for getting one. I have minimal minutes, text and unlimited data on my plan. I've been with Verizon for 10 years, so that may have something to do with it.

medicfire104

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Where are you guys from that got this offer, is it an area that has 4G? My area does not but I travel to an area that does quite often and I am looking to try and get my hands on a Thunderbolt.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
just got a vzw free text message today again urging me to upgrade...

FREE VZW msg: You can save BIG with an unlimited data package when you call 877-628-8910 TODAY! 1 or 2yr (w/Smartphone upgrade) agmt req'd. Reply X to stop msgs.

they must really want me to upgrade now!

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Went and did the upgrade last night. They had to get a managers approval because there was nothing showing in the systems that would allow me to upgrade, it was the first time they had seen the flyer. But they did the upgrade with zero hassle.
So i just upgraded 6 months early in October to the Droid X from my BB Curve. When I upgraded to to the Curve it was also early and I got buy one get one free. Now I just upgraded 6 months after my last discounted upgrade, I love Verizon, and that's why I've been with them for 10 years.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Went and did the upgrade last night. They had to get a managers approval because there was nothing showing in the systems that would allow me to upgrade, it was the first time they had seen the flyer. But they did the upgrade with zero hassle.
So i just upgraded 6 months early in October to the Droid X from my BB Curve. When I upgraded to to the Curve it was also early and I got buy one get one free. Now I just upgraded 6 months after my last discounted upgrade, I love Verizon, and that's why I've been with them for 10 years.

Was your number listed on the flyer? I'm thinking about taking the flyer with my number (that already has a TB) and seeing if they'll use it on my second line that is not eligible to upgrade until July.

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Was your number listed on the flyer? I'm thinking about taking the flyer with my number (that already has a TB) and seeing if they'll use it on my second line that is not eligible to upgrade until July.

Yes it has my number on it. I would suggest if the number they are allowing you to upgrade already has a TB on it to upgrade it to a new TB and then just transfer the old TB to your other account. Nothing says you can't upgrade to a phone that is already on that line. Then in July you can sell the TB and get a new phone :)

Lynner

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to see if they'll take the flyer for my wife's line (not eligible til end of July). That would be slick.

They should but will charge you $20 to do it, thats what they did with mine when i got a flyer last august and i had just bought and incredible from a buddy of mine. So i gave it to my wifes line

crspy

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Just got my upgrade pushed up 6 months, kind of got luck because they aren't doing upgrades to the iphone and thunderbolt in certain call centers. This was the 6th time calling in 2 weeks btw.

I don't know if I want to keep the Incredible or just upgrade to the Thunderbolt. It comes in 2 days, I guess I'll know then.

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
U guys get so lucky,everytime I call they tell me no,I have to wait until April 2012 : ( What's the secret?

Just got my upgrade pushed up 6 months, kind of got luck because they aren't doing upgrades to the iphone and thunderbolt in certain call centers. This was the 6th time calling in 2 weeks btw.

I don't know if I want to keep the Incredible or just upgrade to the Thunderbolt. It comes in 2 days, I guess I'll know then.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

crspy

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
U guys get so lucky,everytime I call they tell me no,I have to wait until April 2012 : ( What's the secret?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Just keep on trying or mention that you have a annual upgrade due (assuming you signed your contract on april 2010) or you broke your phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12