Backup and restore to replacement phone?

lucid13

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

My TB fell out of my pocket Tuesday and cracked (first phone I've ever had break on me). I'm getting my replacement today. Is there a way I can backup everything from my existing phone and restore it on to the new one? I didn't get a chance to root it yet, so I can't use Titanium. I have the APN backup app. Can I use this and just copy the sd card?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

lucid13

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I have access to a PC. So if i just copy my sd card to the new sd card I should be fine? If I have to reinstall all my apps, so be it, just looking for an easy transition.

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I had my TB replaced for screen discoloration. Between the data synced to Google and the data saved to my SD card the transition was really smooth. And as far as the SD card itself, the CSR on the phone told me I could just put my existing SD card in the new phone and send the new card back with the old phone. That saves you the copying step, at least. And now when you set up the new one the Market will start downloading ALL of your apps, not just the paid ones. Also a time saver!

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
with out root there is not really a way to backup your screens, the market should automatically restore your apps. If your phone still works you could try MyBackup Pro from the market, it is supposed to back up your phone without root

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1