Question about HTC keyboard

MBeattie

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
It's becoming annoying being presented with the plural form of words when typing. For example, when typing a word such as "Qualcomm", Qualcomm's appears in the predictive text bar first. There's a million others as well. Does anyone know of a way to set predictive text to present the singular form of words?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I see what you mean when using the stock keyboard. Qualcomm does come up as a suggested word, its just not the highlighted word. You can either just get use to not using the highlighted words for text prediction or try a different keyboard. I like using Smartkeyboard Pro... It has more features and has the option to turn off "suggested punctuation".

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
^^ Another option is the gingerbread keyboard - awesome and present the singular form first. Follow this LINK. There is a free and paid version(.99).

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
^^ Another option is the gingerbread keyboard - awesome and present the singular form first. Follow this LINK. There is a free and paid version(.99).

I keep seeing everyone rave about this keyboard app, however, since its not straight from google it kinda worries me.

I'm completely new to android. Maybe this is a stupid question, but how do people tell when an app is "safe" to install? The warning for installing keyboard apps in particular sounds pretty bad.

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I keep seeing everyone rave about this keyboard app, however, since its not straight from google it kinda worries me.

I'm completely new to android. Maybe this is a stupid question, but how do people tell when an app is "safe" to install? The warning for installing keyboard apps in particular sounds pretty bad.

I've used this keyboard for 6 montsh straight. I can tell you its safe. And about apps being safe almost all apps on android market are completely safe, Though if you download from a 3rd party website make sure you can trust it.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I've used this keyboard for 6 montsh straight. I can tell you its safe. And about apps being safe almost all apps on android market are completely safe, Though if you download from a 3rd party website make sure you can trust it.

I thought google did no checking whatsoever on apps in the marketplace and only relied on user feedback to remove "problem" apps? Obviously, I'm most worried about apps that would steal/transmit personal data or passwords -- and a keyboard app seems like the easiest way to do this.

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It's foundation is the Google Gingerbread keyboard software. It is a great keyboard. Only issue most have with it is the placement of the . with regards to the spacebar. Provides some getting use to, but the key's themselves are perfectly placed and responsive.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463