Question about Thunderbolt Colors

rcarter88

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to git rid of the ugly green highlighting color that the Thunderbolt uses. Perhaps thru a ROM or something. Has anyone tried this?

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
There is a thread somewhere that has a lot of custom skins... I will look...

Sent from Thunderbolt via Tapatalk...

rcarter88

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I was just at a Verizon store playing with the Thunderbolt tonight and I went to the widgets/skins menu and changed the skin to steel or something like that. When I went into notes or the dialer, things still gave me a green highlight for word correction, etc. This is the color I would like to change to blue or red preferably. I know the old saying that red is what Motorola uses, blue is for Samsung and green is for HTC. I just don't know if its something that can be altered or not.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I was just at a Verizon store playing with the Thunderbolt tonight and I went to the widgets/skins menu and changed the skin to steel or something like that. When I went into notes or the dialer, things still gave me a green highlight for word correction, etc. This is the color I would like to change to blue or red preferably. I know the old saying that red is what Motorola uses, blue is for Samsung and green is for HTC. I just don't know if its something that can be altered or not.
It can be done...That's one of the great things about Android, everything on the phone can be customized. The phone would need to be rooted with a custom rom/theme.
The phone's still new, so roms/themes are still being worked on... but if you Google (Thunderbolt ROMs) you should be able to find some screen shots of how they look.

Edit: As for word correction, that can simply be changed by using a different keyboard that has the option for changing colors (ex. SmartKeyboard Pro). Same goes for the Browser.. (ex. Dolphin has add-ons for changing the themes color).

Last edited:

Kroaker

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Two of the stock skins have green highlights and two have blue. When you look at them, it shows which highlight color it will use.

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately even using the skins that come with the pphone not everything changes from green to blue. Most things do but not everything. I leave it on the stock green just because it annoys mme when some things are blue while others are green.