Download Paused in Market

clucernoni

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So I have been having a problem the last 4 or 5 days where I can't download anything from the Market. It says my download will begin shortly, and then it just goes to "Download Paused". I have read elsewhere that this has occurred a few times in the past, but never found a solution. People chalk it up to be "a problem with the Market". But mine has yet to fix itself. I am running VirusRom with a custom kernal. I didn't have any of these issues originally when I started using these though.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I have tried clearing the data/cache for my market and the download manager.

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen that happen with the ThunderBolt, but have seen it on the Original Droid. It usually happens when multiple downloads and updates are scheduled at the same time and then the phone switches to another app or goes into standby. Canceling all but one of the downloads usually caused the remaining one to resume and complete normally. Then the others can be restarted.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
So I have been having a problem the last 4 or 5 days where I can't download anything from the Market. It says my download will begin shortly, and then it just goes to "Download Paused". I have read elsewhere that this has occurred a few times in the past, but never found a solution. People chalk it up to be "a problem with the Market". But mine has yet to fix itself. I am running VirusRom with a custom kernal. I didn't have any of these issues originally when I started using these though.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I have tried clearing the data/cache for my market and the download manager.
Its a 2.2 issue been around for a while, Jerry covered it when Froyo came out. The Prob is a corupted file called "android.secure" . The fix is cancel the download, move all apps from the card back to the phone. Then either use your PC or a file manager app to delete the android.secure file. Then reboot and try again. This file also causes an error in installation, just unmount the sd card then install the app then remount the card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908