Is anyone (other than me) happy?

kr3w1

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else, other than myself, actually happy with their overall experience w/the Thunderbolt?

I, personally, love it. I am coming from an OG DROID and absolutely can't get enough of the increased speed/smoothness/responsiveness of this thing. It's a freaking beast. Everything is as good or better than my DROID. That being said, there were a few things that bugged me but have since been corrected.

1. Swype wouldn't work right!!! that sucked hard core. but, the helpful people here (i think) got me a link to the evo one and problem solved.

2. Sense sometimes bugged me. Some stuff was cool but i hated not being able to customize the way i wanted. I really missed the 4 little shortcuts i could get on the bottom from launcherpro and hated that i had to use the sense stuff at the bottom and couldn't change what they pointed to. So, downloaded launcherpro again and am using it. Problem solved. On a side note, it seems to be a little snappier overall now that i'm not using sense. May just be my perception based on my loathe of anything not stock but who knows.

3. The stock messaging app was really pissing me off. Almost ANY time i sent a mesage then hit the "back" button to go back to the list of conversations i had going (be it to respond to someone else or w/e) the damn thing would freeze up and have to be force closed. While this didn't take an eternity of anything, i am very impatient and this phone is supposed to be fast so i was very upset. So, downloaded Chomp and am using it. Problem solved.

That's what i love about Android....don't like something? You can fix it! It's a wonderful thing.

So, ya, anyway, I am loving the Thunderbolt. Just wanted people to know that it's a hellofa phone!

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
OH YEA!!!!! My wife, my daughter, me, and my friend all love ours. Took a little of adjustment getting used to it at first but we are getting it and simply love the phones.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
The bolt is everything I could ask for and more so I'm definitely not disappointed. I'll be even happier when they flip the LTE switch here in Raleigh and Wilmington, NC.

tommyboy2034

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine is pimp.

I have 0 problems with it... i use the custom rom made by Mik.

i'm not in the center of town and I get 4g about 30 miles out of the main city which is incredible.

My wife has one as well, she had problems with her original, so we took it back and got a new one, everything seems to be good now.

Battery life could be better but what i found was that I just had to turn off a lot of the background polling mechanisms, facebook, twitter, weather, news etc, and my batterly life improved 10 fold. Some would say that's crippling, but i have no need for twitter to update in the background until I actually want to view it, so I just refresh the widget when I want to look at it.

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Rockin the extended battery like a boss. I didn't think we'd be doing writing in class today but we did and I was ready to rock. 3 hours, half of which is use and a thousand swype words later I'm at 90% battery.

I spare no luxury either. Thunderstorm live wallpaper, gps on, auto brightness, accounts sync regularly, 3rd party replacements out the wazoo (sms, keyboard, etc.) and as many widgets as I can fit on 7 pages. Coming from a storm I got to say a month in I'm really happy.

-stock HTC Thunderbolt tapatalk

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I can't complain at all... First one out of the box and its great cant find any of the problems that are being talked about on the forums, and the units performance is top notch. Could not be more pleased.

roxy surf

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't be happier..that is until today when I finally discovered the Beautiful Widgets app...this phone is so much fun! I'm not missing my BB Tour so much anymore lol

BayRican

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I came from the Nexus one running gingerbread. My thunderbolt it's so amazing that my Nexus is sitting in a drawer. My only problem was battery life. And verizon solved that after all the complaining I did. There was no way I was going to turn everything off, screen brightness all the way down.craziness. I got an extra battery from them. And since my Thunderbolt is perfect.

deltwalrus

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I can say that I have not missed my iPhone 4 even one little bit, and I thought that was the greatest phone ever. I'm loving Android more than I thought I would, even if it is covered in Sense and full of bloat... CM7 will fix that. I am 110% satisfied.

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I love my Thunderbolt!!!! Yeah there were hiccups with the network the first couple of days, but its running like a champ now!!! 25mb/s download and 5mb/s upload (speakeasy speed test site), rocking the extended battery (doesnt really look that bad at all!!!) and im ready to take the whole day without worries or cutting back on features.

And i have tried them all, started with wimno, iphone 4, nexus one, captivate, droid x, and now tbolt, i must say i like the sense UI.

Easily one of the best phones i have ever owned!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz