4G LTE just switched on in CT!

TowerGuy100

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Around 10 this morning I noticed 4GLTE on my phone. It wasn't there around 9:30. Now let's hope it sticks and isn't just in testing. This is near I-95 in Norwalk.

Now to find something big to download!

Reactions: DOOG9517

bigberries

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I was driving to see Charlie Sheen Saturday night! I had 4G show up on my phone, for the first time, a few times while on CT-15 while passing through Norwalk.

Bailarge

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if they are just testing it. I get 4G every so often at work, as I'm right near Bradley Airport. But I haven't noticed anything outside of that radius. I am looking forward to it, though!

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if they are just testing it. I get 4G every so often at work, as I'm right near Bradley Airport. But I haven't noticed anything outside of that radius. I am looking forward to it, though!

Bradley airport is not on the list of current coverage so I am going to guess that you are getting waves from the Hartford market which is also scheduled to open this year.

Bailarge

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
That certainly could be the case. A few weeks ago I was at a bar in Windsor (which is right next to Hartford) and I had 4g the whole time. Was pretty cool. Tore through the battery at a nice clip, but it was still cool. Can't wait to have it for real, hopefully soon!

bigberries

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
You know we just have to ask: How was his show? The early reviews were so bad. :p

I figured he'd be crazy like a fox and presentng his transformation. Instead I am witnessing his demise. He literally had nothing for the show. It was fun because anything could have happened. He was having a heckler removed by bouncers and got serioulsy booed. So, he let the guy on stage. This drunk guy was the best part of the show:

This is a clip of Sheen letting a drunk guy take the stage on Sat in Wallingford CT
http://youtu.be/Y-vNRTbJcBE

TowerGuy100

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Norwalk has been solid. I drove north on I-95 last night and LTE stopped at the Fairfield Bridgeport line. I haven't headed south yet into Darien or Stamford but I will report back when I do.

Stevez48

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
WOOO Hooo!! Stamford > Check! Can't wait to see about home..

Whoops, now it is off... Must be testing. It has been on and off this morning so far. Hopefully on full time soon!

Last edited:

Wmumper

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Fairfield is lit up

Just got my Thunderbolt yesterday evening. I work right on the Fairfield/Trumbull border and have 4G to play with all day so far.

Best speedtest so far is 32.82Mb down and 34.40Mb up (one test). I did have one where I hit 41.12 up.

It's kind of weird having a faster cell connection in my pocket then I have at home on comcast.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Thunderbolt yesterday evening. I work right on the Fairfield/Trumbull border and have 4G to play with all day so far.

Best speedtest so far is 32.82Mb down and 34.40Mb up (one test). I did have one where I hit 41.12 up.

It's kind of weird having a faster cell connection in my pocket then I have at home on comcast.

Don't use the speedtest.net app for testing bandwidth. The upload speed is completely wrong. Use the full speedtest.net site (have to uncheck the mobile option in the browser settings) or use the speakeasy site for a more accurate reading. Better yet, turn on mobile hotpot and test on a laptop.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Don't use the speedtest.net app for testing bandwidth. The upload speed is completely wrong. Use the full speedtest.net site (have to uncheck the mobile option in the browser settings) or use the speakeasy site for a more accurate reading. Better yet, turn on mobile hotpot and test on a laptop.

Yes, but make sure you aren't surrounded by 10 other wireless networks. I can't get a decent reading on Mobile Hotspot while I'm at work because of the 20 other networks that are within connection range.

TowerGuy100

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Careful what you wish for. Once it was turned on here in Norwalk, my battery went to hell.

Using the current monitoring widget I see that the average idle current draw goes from around 80ma to 400ma just by turning LTE on.

I now only turn it on as needed because I was only getting a few hours before I needed a charge.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary