might be getting a tb...

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
i might be getting a tb next week. is it worth getting or should i wait. i want to get in to a unlimited 4g contract. is it easy to root? is it gonna get gb?
i just wanna do research before i get the next phone since i have a fascinate and it sucks

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd say it's worth it. I haven't rooted yet as I'm waiting for a root method that won't wipe my phone (which you won't have to worry about if you do it right away), but it appears to be pretty simple if you follow Cory's write up.

As for GB, yes, it will get GB. It's just a matter of if it will be next month or June.

Last edited:

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
i am gonna be the one whos gonna pay full retial.... i am looking at the specs for the phone and it looks great. htc have better support then samsung
i hope i can get 4g unlimited plan next firday still

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I can't help w/the rooting thing - never done that.

I'm totally new to Android and my Bolt is amazing! Yes, it's got things I don't like or that could be better or different (but that's my opinion remember) but I now have a phone that I can actually get ON the internet with and go from page to page with what I'd consider lightning speed -- and I don't have 4G in my area yet. It's got all kinds of customizations and apps, it's got gorgeous screen quality.

It's wayyyy better than my Storm! It's wayyyy faster than my Storm even off the Internet.

Things I don't like -- the vibration for calls/notifications etc could be much stronger - way to lightweight for my needs.

Getting used to the Android ways is a change but I'm getting there and I think that's part of the problem for me. I was so used to doing things the BB way but then when I got my BB I had to learn that, too and it was way different than all my previous dumb phones.

Fingerprints on the screen were horrendous until I got my new SGP (?) screen protector today -- fingerprints GONE :) I actually can't believe a phone maker would set a phone for sale with the fingerprint problems the naked TB has. It's way beyond unacceptable there.

Don't like the fact that it's Google *everything* but I knew that going in. I much prefer syncing my calendar and tasks via Outlook but I've grabbed an app that should help w/that. I just have to make time to to set it up and learn to use it.

Battery life could be much better. I have to charge mine 2x a day or plug it in at work at my desk.

If these things that I don't like are things you're ok with then I would think you'd like the TB just fine.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
i am gonna be the one whos gonna pay full retial.... i am looking at the specs for the phone and it looks great. htc have better support then samsung
i hope i can get 4g unlimited plan next firday still

I don't know if the tbolt is that much of an upgrade to justify paying full retail for it. With that said, call vzw and complain about your fascinate not having froyo or something or see if they can upgrade you to a tbolt for a discount price. I actually got a flier from vzw a couple weeks ago saying I could upgrade to a tbolt from my fascinate for $150. you might want to inquire about that as well if you are going to get a tbolt. but really, I don't think it's worth the upgrade if you do pay full retail for it. even at $150 I'm wondering if I should get it or wait for something better this summer!

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Debs - cory's write up is stickied in the thunderbolt rooting roms and hacks sections

Afbar - root was relatively easy for me, it just required a fair amount of reading and following directions. I had never really used terminal (i rooted on mac), and i am not incredibly tech savvy (like, i dont understand programming or know what the commands are). But i can read and follow directions and put some effort in to grasping things, and i learned a bunch of stuff along the way.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante