Total Equipment Coverage (TEC)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had any issues adding this to their line that has a Thunderbolt? At the moment I have the WPP insurance but I've been trying to get Verizon to add TEC and I've had no luck. Each representative from the lowest branch to technical support even up to the next level comes up with an error. This error states that I have no 4G device on my line and I can't carry TEC for 4G. We've tried removing my device and adding a 3G and going back to my Thunderbolt but failed in settling the issue.

What's even more unsettling is the very last representative told me he found a note that says many (not all) are having an issue like this and it will be solved on April 17th. That's a bit close to the 30 day mark that we're allowed to add insurance if you ask me.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
That's strange. I have the insurance and others have reported that they have the TEC package.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
That's weird, I had no problems adding insurance on this phone. And the funny thing is that I just got in the mail today info about my insurance and info on how to get the complimentary mobile recovery app. Funny thing though is that the brochure is a tad bit older and didn't have the tbolt in the list, but I was still able to get insurance. Check in at the store again to see if they can add the insurance.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If you put the phone on as Customer Provided Equipment you can no longer add the extended warranty.

Customer Provided? I bought this phone from Verizon so I have no idea how this relates to me.

That's weird, I had no problems adding insurance on this phone. And the funny thing is that I just got in the mail today info about my insurance and info on how to get the complimentary mobile recovery app. Funny thing though is that the brochure is a tad bit older and didn't have the tbolt in the list, but I was still able to get insurance. Check in at the store again to see if they can add the insurance.

I doubt going to the store will do a thing. I got my brochure in the mail that stated I have insurance. However, it's the WPP Single Tier plan thus no extended warranty. I could do without it but I figure if my phone has one fault than it's better to have free overnight shipping. And even though I'm paying for the extended warranty, it serves two purposes.

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I bought my first ThunderBolt from a Verizon corporate store on launch day and a second one from the same place last weekend. I added TEC to both with no problem. Well, there was a slight problem with the first one in that the sales rep simply forgot to add it; however, I called Customer Service the next day and they were able to add it.

Here's a screenshot showing both TEC and 4G service on my account.

scrap4u

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
The sales rep at the VZW store couldn't add it when I bought the phone on 3/18. He even called VZW customer service and it couldn't be added. I was told to keep calling, that there is a known "glitch" with TBs and it can't be added yet.

I called back about 2 weeks ago and the customer svc rep couldn't add it but said they called Asurion and they manually added it and I could see it on my account online within 48 hours. I checked it this week and I still have WPP.

Called again this week and same thing--rep tried to add it and couldn't. She did some research and said it couldn't be added until 4/17. That's when open enrollment would be open for TBs and that VZW is aware that there is a problem with TBs and TEC. Hopefully they are right and it can be added on 4/17.

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow, thats really weird.....i bought mine on launch day and the guy that sold me the phone even asked me if i wanted insurance on it.....wonder why they have this problem all of a sudden.....

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Scrap4u, that's really odd that they keep telling you that they can't do it when they've done it for me twice.

Is your account a corporate account or an individual one? There's nothing odd about my account except that I receive a corporate discount; however, it's still an individual account and the discount doesn't apply to insurance.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Scrap4u, that's really odd that they keep telling you that they can't do it when they've done it for me twice.

Is your account a corporate account or an individual one? There's nothing odd about my account except that I receive a corporate discount; however, it's still an individual account and the discount doesn't apply to insurance.

I'm having the exact same problem as him. I have a corporate discount so that's not the issue. However, I e-mailed Verizon just to try and get a record of it and I now have one. This is what I received from Verizon.

Good morning. I am very sorry for the troubles you are having with adding the TEC Insurance coverage to your HTC Thunderbolt device. I can understand your concern. My name is Laura and it is my pleasure to assist with this request today. I have thoroughly reviewed your account and see that as of April 17, 2011, we should have the ability to change the insurance coverage for you. I am going to personally attempt to make this change on Monday the 18th, since I will not be in the office on the 17th. If this is still unable to be changed, I will escalate this with my manager to assist with adding this or finding out why it cannot be added, if that is the case. I can assure you we will have an answer before your 30 day period ends for adding the insurance coverage.

I look forward to following up with you again very soon.

I thank you for taking the time to reach out to us to assist with adding insurance to your device. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless.

The sales rep at the VZW store couldn't add it when I bought the phone on 3/18. He even called VZW customer service and it couldn't be added. I was told to keep calling, that there is a known "glitch" with TBs and it can't be added yet.

I called back about 2 weeks ago and the customer svc rep couldn't add it but said they called Asurion and they manually added it and I could see it on my account online within 48 hours. I checked it this week and I still have WPP.

Called again this week and same thing--rep tried to add it and couldn't. She did some research and said it couldn't be added until 4/17. That's when open enrollment would be open for TBs and that VZW is aware that there is a problem with TBs and TEC. Hopefully they are right and it can be added on 4/17.

It appears you have gone through the same steps that I have. The only offer I wasn't given is the Asurion offer but seeing as how it didn't work I guess it's for the best. The only scary part about the e-mail I received was that it'll either be added or "We'll explain why it couldn't". Uh oh... A battle may be on OUR hands.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Strange..bought mine on launch day and the asked me if I wanted to add the TEC. I told them I should already have it on the account, which they verified was correct.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought my first ThunderBolt from a Verizon corporate store on launch day and a second one from the same place last weekend. I added TEC to both with no problem. Well, there was a slight problem with the first one in that the sales rep simply forgot to add it; however, I called Customer Service the next day and they were able to add it.

Here's a screenshot showing both TEC and 4G service on my account.

I have the same thing - "TEC ASURION SINGLE TIER". Not sure why they're giving people crap.

Sounds like maybe there's a bug in the system and they're fixing it over the weekend.

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I was able to add the insurance to both ThunderBolts we purchased, two days after I bought them.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

AubreyPage

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Tbolt 2 1/2 weeks ago and declined insurance. Today I changed my mind (lots of cracked screens reported on this forum scared me). The Verizon store added the ASURION TEC with no issues, effective immediately. In and out in two minutes.

Posted 4/13/2011

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I had mine added day 2 and the next day it fell and cracked!! Glad I did, I got a brand new in box thunderbolt and got to keep all my accessories the very next day! It was easy and she just backdated it to the first of our cycle.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I ran into a similar incident when I transfer to my Droid X, the sales person changed my plan from the TEC to the basic plan and I noticed it about a week later when I checked my bill, I had to call CS several times before they acknowledged that up to the upgrade I had TEC and it was strange that I would change my plan since everything else didn't change.

The tech reported that Asurion doesn't allow the CS rep to upgrade the plan after a few day after purchase unless the issue a request and see if they would allow the change, it took me another week but I finally got it added back.

Keep trying with rep because after a curtain amount of time they wont allow you to change it, so the longer it takes for them to straighten the error out the harder it will be to get it changed..

Good Luck..

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had any issues adding this to their line that has a Thunderbolt? At the moment I have the WPP insurance but I've been trying to get Verizon to add TEC and I've had no luck. Each representative from the lowest branch to technical support even up to the next level comes up with an error. This error states that I have no 4G device on my line and I can't carry TEC for 4G. We've tried removing my device and adding a 3G and going back to my Thunderbolt but failed in settling the issue.

What's even more unsettling is the very last representative told me he found a note that says many (not all) are having an issue like this and it will be solved on April 17th. That's a bit close to the 30 day mark that we're allowed to add insurance if you ask me.
To this day I am having the same problem, I have the basic insurance but they have been having problems when trying to add the TEC, they stated as you said they are aware of the problem with TEC coverage and the TB and a lot but not all are affected, asurion notated their records that I have been trying and Verizon put a ticket in whatever that mean, and I just have to wait I guess.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad