problem deleting browser pages?

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
How do I truly delete the browser pages/history from the stock internet app?

I logged into Netflix to add some titles to my queue and signed out. I went to the home page (google) and then menu>more>history>menu>clear history.

I then hit the back arrow at the bottom and it took me back to Netflix, I tapped it again and I was back in my account without signing in!

I would assume that deleting the cache and history would have removed those pages but it did not.

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
thanks. I tried that and I still see Netflix pages if I tap back from the google homepage. I'm not signed in anymore but I'm still trying to figure out how to delete the previous browser pages.

I'd be afraid to use my phone to check my bank account.

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Try to hit menu > windows > click the plus to open a new window > click menu again > windows > scroll over to the previous one > click X to close it.

now you have a blank window that has nothing that you can click back to.

Reactions: obidos

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
youre welcome! yeah it seems like you have to do a bit of work to do this.

And on the Droid x all you have to do is hit menu and windows and you can close the current window and the phone willl open another window for you. But a couple more extra steps isnt that bad at all.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

I logged into Netflix to add some titles to my queue and signed out. I went to the home page (google) and then menu>more>history>menu>clear history.

I then hit the back arrow at the bottom and it took me back to Netflix, I tapped it again and I was back in my account without signing in!

I would assume that deleting the cache and history would have removed those pages but it did not.

Browser.. Menu.. More.. Settings
Clear history
Clear cache
Clear form data
Clear all cookie data

Also click in the browsers search box... On the drop down menu.. clear history.
If you're using the stock browser, I recommend using an app called "History Eraser". Works very well, does everything in one click, its a small app (40kb or something) and is free in the market. Also has options for clearing out messages, call history and Market search results. Its a good app to have for clearing the market search alone.

Other then that.. you can use a 3rd party browser. I like using Dolphin HD. It lets you completely close the browser and has the option for clearing history and cache everytime you exit. It also has add ons for different themes + more. Has the ability to open more tabs and has a user agent... switch the user agent to desktop for websites that automatically redirect you to the mobile version of the site.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Obidos I use Dolphin Browser HD its free and there are settings for deleting everything upon exit. Although you will have to change some settings to adjust the viewing so that it looks like the standard HTC browser. I have the settings if ya need.

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Obidos I use Dolphin Browser HD its free and there are settings for deleting everything upon exit. Although you will have to change some settings to adjust the viewing so that it looks like the standard HTC browser. I have the settings if ya need.

yeah that would be great if you could send those settings. the TB is my first smartphone/android phone so I'd very much appreciate it.

PM me or post here.... as far as the Dolphin HD app, I noticed several of them in the market. anyone in particular? some of the most recent reviews are not so great.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

As others advised History Eraser works well or you can do it manually as Cyber Warrior suggested.

By the way, get the Netflix Queue Manager app from the Market. It was broken up until about a week ago (problem on Netflix's end supposedly) but works perfectly now. Manage your queue by adding disks by mail or add movies to your instant queue or searching for titles. Very clean interface, much easier than scrolling around the Netflix web page.