Sorry guys, but I am jumping ship and going back to the iphone!

unibolt

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Let me say that I absolutely love the thunderbolt but I have tried to get past the battery issues and even bought a spare battery but I live in a very remote area where a network extender is my only option for service and I can't make calls or receive them sometimes and my texts rarely work and I get no data from it where my wife sitting next to me with her iphone has none of these problems. I have tried new batteries, a new sim and still the same problems. I bought the phone at launch and I have only got to use it in an LTE area once and it was amazing but I just can't deal with the other problems. I have to wear slacks to work so the spare battery is kind of out of the question because of the size so I spoke to Verizon and they are going to let me exchange my phone and go back to the iphone. Sucks because I really love this phone and what its capable of but I just can't deal with the negatives anymore, especially when its such a big part of my business. So, everyone enjoy your phone and maybe down the road I will get another android phone and go from there. Take care guys!!

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think anyone can fault you for taking back a phone that literally doesn't work for you and I think that's why Verizon probably let you return the phone.

It's a shame because it really is one of the best phones out there, but if it doesn't work for you in the place you live, then there's no point in suffering with it. It appears that it was a mix of the phone and area combined more than just the phone.

unibolt

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
It was a mix for sure. The phone does not like the network extender and without that the phone is dead in the water so its becomes a paper weight. And to my Ohio buddy, its definitely not Gator!!
I don't think anyone can fault you for taking back a phone that literally doesn't work for you and I think that's why Verizon probably let you return the phone.

It's a shame because it really is one of the best phones out there, but if it doesn't work for you in the place you live, then there's no point in suffering with it. It appears that it was a mix of the phone and area combined more than just the phone.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
try turning the 4g radio off, if you haven't already. you can do this by dialing *#*#4636#*#* and going to phone info. then changing the signal to CDMA PRL only. or dl phone info app which does the dialing for you.

this will drastically improve battery life

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
...and this showing of sentimentality is why the human race will exist when our TB's rise up and rebel against us with the other machines...

thanks for not making this a "TB sucks--iPhone rules" post.

you sir, are classy.
best of luck!

spunkmeijer

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Battery life on the iphone is amazing. I believe as long as you get what you want from a device you've paid for, it doesn't matter what you use.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. However I know that I will see you back to the android forums pretty soon. Good Luck.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

unibolt

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Well thank you for saying that! I honestly don't believe that iphone is better at anything except battery life. I love the phone and it kills me to have to make this decision but its what's best. I have turned the LTE radio's off and the battery life did improve but still nowhere close to what I need it at. Plus if 4G comes around my area which is supposed to be this year I am really in trouble. I live about 45 miles south of Wichita on a farm so its a very rural area and it searches for signal a lot which hurts it tremendously and like I said, for some reason the Thunderbolt and my network extender do not play well with each other. Tech support has confirmed this with me and they have no fix for it yet.
So as bad as I hate to leave unlimited 4G and go back to incredible slow 3G forever with this phone and I think a piece of hardware that is no where close to what I have now, its the best option phone wise for me right now that Verizon has to offer because most android phones suffer in the battery area somewhat. The iphone has a rock solid battery...but that's about it!!
...and this showing of sentimentality is why the human race will exist when our TB's rise up and rebel against us with the other machines...

thanks for not making this a "TB sucks--iPhone rules" post.

you sir, are classy.
best of luck!

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Android isn't for everyone. My brother is addicted to able and praises iOS. I just migrated to the android camp and I think I'll stock around.

-stock HTC Thunderbolt tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs