Speaker phone echo madness! Please Help

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
There's probably a larger variance in mic specs that the software can't compensate for?
I have no clue, before returning my phone I had been racking my brain trying to figure out what the problem could be until I finally got fed up and returned it. I actually did a test call in the store with the manager before I would leave, they thought I was insane but I didn't care I wasn't leaving the store with another dud.

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I actually did a test call in the store with the manager before I would leave, they thought I was insane but I didn't care I wasn't leaving the store with another dud.

Yeah, they always think I'm insane for taking my phone back to the store because the speakerphone "has a little echo". Well, it's more than a little echo.

Yesterday the manager of the store said "this is your 4th Thunderbolt so it must just be your account." He witnessed the echo himself with that phone but he pretty mush said I'm SOL.

Brian

HiPower

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I have no clue, before returning my phone I had been racking my brain trying to figure out what the problem could be until I finally got fed up and returned it. I actually did a test call in the store with the manager before I would leave, they thought I was insane but I didn't care I wasn't leaving the store with another dud.

I'm glad your issue was resolved. It's amazing the crap we have to go through just to get a product that works like it is supposed to these days. :confused:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm actually leaving the TB over this :/

3-4 hours a day in conference calls, and after TB #3, I am still having this issue.

I was really hoping it was just some sort of update they needed to push out, but it sounds more like a hardware issue.

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Cory while I'm sorry you are also having problems, I'm glad someone else is having repeated issues. It is pathetic that every time I call support I get the same run around that this isn't a known issue when clearly many others are having this problem. And, I have an open support ticket. They are FedExing me my 5th BV tomorrow. If that doesn't work I am done.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually leaving the TB over this :/

3-4 hours a day in conference calls, and after TB #3, I am still having this issue.

I was really hoping it was just some sort of update they needed to push out, but it sounds more like a hardware issue.
Hi Cory,

I didn't know you were still going through this, sorry to hear that. What phone will you get next?

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Cory while I'm sorry you are also having problems, I'm glad someone else is having repeated issues. It is pathetic that every time I call support I get the same run around that this isn't a known issue when clearly many others are having this problem. And, I have an open support ticket. They are FedExing me my 5th BV tomorrow. If that doesn't work I am done.
Hi Brian,

Wow Phone #5 smh they should be ashamed of themselves. Good luck :)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Brian. I admire your persistence. I'm past the 30 day mark, so now I'd have to deal with refurbs. Not happening. So it's, either the Charge, which apparently had its own signal/voice quality issues or my Fascinate. :mad:

Sidenote: I'm glad I put the smilies in the quick reply box but I just noticed you can't get to all of them via the phone browser. Looks like I have another task today.

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I received my 5th Thunderbolt via FedEx today. Unfortunately, the echo is still there. This device is much better than my previous four (how pathetic is it that I've been through 5 devices is 13 days??) but my business partner and fiance both refuse to talk to me while on speakerphone. This replacement phone has much less of an echo, but about every 5th word echos on the receiving end. It is at least possible to have a conversation, but I listed for myself and it is definitely annoying. I wouldn't dare talk to a client on speakerphone because it is still pretty bad.

But now I'm even more frustrated because the Level 2 tech I talked to yesterday, who sent me the new phone, said this was a new phone. However, contrary to his words, this is clearly identified as a "Like-New Certified Replacement". The back cover does not even snap on correctly.

While I have nothing against refurbished phones because I have used them successfully in the past, I don't feel it is correct to send a customer a refurbished phone when I have been having so many problems with so many phones.

What is worse is that the tech yesterday promised they would move me to a Droid Charge today if this replacement didn't work. Well, that can't happen since the Charge release is on hold. I'm not even sure I will like the look and feel of the Charge. They did extend my 14-day guarantee a couple days, but what is a guy supposed to do.

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
After being sent a Certified Pre-Owned Replacement from Verizon that still had the echo, I decided I would take it to the store and give my 6th and final Thunderbolt a try. The 6th one is working well as of now. It still has a slight echo at times, but I am at least able to use speakerphone. It is still annoying to the people I'm talking to when they can hear an echo at the beginning of their sentences, but once they start talking, at least we can keep the conversation going.

So, I guess persistence pays off. It is sad that I had to go through 6 phones to find one that works pretty well.

Brian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad