USB "internet connection mode" no longer working?

vandouche

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same exact problem as someone else from another forum:

"I swear that I was able to use USB tethering with the "Internet Connection Mode" yesterday. But, now when I select "Internet Connection Mode" after connecting via USB to my laptop, I immediately lose 4G or 3G service on the phone. Then, I can't even browse the internet from the phone until I reboot the phone..."

Anyone know a fix or why this is happening?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same exact problem as someone else from another forum:

"I swear that I was able to use USB tethering with the "Internet Connection Mode" yesterday. But, now when I select "Internet Connection Mode" after connecting via USB to my laptop, I immediately lose 4G or 3G service on the phone. Then, I can't even browse the internet from the phone until I reboot the phone..."

Anyone know a fix or why this is happening?
I suspect that "losing 4G or 3G service" is incidental to your mobile hotspot configuration. Just happens to happen at the time you are using the mobile hotspot.

Have you tried any one of the 2 recommended fixes for losing data connectivity?

-Frank

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't, could u point me in the right direction?
Sure. There are two you can try.

One: Dial *#*#4636#*#*, select Phone Info, scroll down to Preferred Network Type and select CDMA auto (PRL) and back out all the way using the Return button. This will disable 4G and prevent the phone from constantly searching for it, which seems to often result in no data connection at all.

Two: Dial ##778#, select Edit mode, enter 000000 as the password, go to Modem Settings, go to RevA, select ENABLE, click OK and then MENU | Commit Modifications, and Return back out.

Note: Remember the default settings before you change them so you can easily return to the original defaults whenever you like.

-Frank

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae