Bluetooth to PC - Anyone??

XStroX

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

I make my Thunderbolt discoverable, my PC (Windows 7 32bit) sees it, tells me it will need to finish installing drivers before working and then nothing. Now they are paired but I can't get them connected. I just want an easy way to pull pictures/videos from my Thunderbolt to my computer. Anyone else been able to do this? Thanks

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Same issue too. I made a thread a while back and bumped it but no solution. Google didn't give much.

-stock HTC Thunderbolt tapatalk

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that the Bluetooth profile (that I'm used to using) doesn't seem to support a modem profile. That's bad. But, the good news is that I no longer have to buy a Laptop that costs an extra $300 just to get Bluetooth! :)

-Frank

XStroX

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused Frank. So you do or don't have it working? Doesn't anyone else want this capability?? I could do this on my BB Storm from 3 years ago no problem....

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused Frank. So you do or don't have it working? Doesn't anyone else want this capability?? I could do this on my BB Storm from 3 years ago no problem....
No, I don't have DUN working on the TBolt because I cannot find any USB modem drivers nor Bluetooth modem profile.

I do however have VZW's USB "Internet Connection" working as well as VZW's "Mobile Hotspot". No problem. But the tried and true "Dial Up Networking" seems nowhere to be found. I used to use that via Bluetooth 'cuz I hate wires.

IMO, this obvious missing component is a precursor of VZW's new way of accessing the Internet which will preempt unauthorized DUN access (without proper payment).

-Frank

General Tso

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Verizon disabled bluetooth data transfer. They did the same thing to my droid X. Typical Verizon BS.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

XStroX

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
So how does everyone get files from their phone to their computer? Only easy way is to plug it in with the USB cord? What a pain that I have to plug in my cell phone that has built in WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, CDMA, EvDo and LTE, all wireless solutions.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So how does everyone get files from their phone to their computer? Only easy way is to plug it in with the USB cord? What a pain that I have to plug in my cell phone that has built in WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, CDMA, EvDo and LTE, all wireless solutions.
Astro File Manager has an SMB module available from the Market (that I haven't tested yet) that will probably work for this via WiFi.

-Frank

thozgyz

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I have an older computer that doesn't have built in bluetooth. Went to best buy and bought a rocketfish adapter. It was normally 35 bucks on sale for 9.99 cuz there is a smaller version now. It's USB. Works great. Can play my music through it send and receive info. Maybe that could be a cheap work around for you.

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
My desktop has Bluetooth and I'm able to pair it with my ThunderBolt and transfer files without any problem. Didn't have to do anything special. It just worked. This is under Win7.

I've also used Astro File Manager with the SMB add-on to transfer files between my ThunderBolt and my home server over wifi. Works great.

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried pulling files over bluetooth from Win7, but I'm able to push out from my phone with no problem. I've sent videos using the "Share via" button and sent with bluetooth.

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I think the problem is probably with your computer. Mine is the same way. I can't get anything to stay connected to my computer and it always gives me messages about the bluetooth drivers failing to install. HP hasn't been any help and there are no individual drivers for these devices (phones, bt headphones). They should all be using standard profiles who's drivers are loaded with the bluetooth card in your computer.

Very frustrating to say the least.

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
SMB Module for Astro

Richard,
Can you use the Astro SMB module if the network share is password protected? I tried using it with a SimpleShare NAS and it will only access a non-password protected share. Haven't tried it yet with a PC share.

Thanks.

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm not buying anything for a software issue. Windows can't find the drivers for whatever reason. Bluetooth works on my thunderbolt and windows system. They pair just fine but without drivers it doesn't mean anything. Strangely there's no place to download them manually. Fine are the days of useful support sites.

-stock HTC Thunderbolt tapatalk

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Richard,
Can you use the Astro SMB module if the network share is password protected? I tried using it with a SimpleShare NAS and it will only access a non-password protected share. Haven't tried it yet with a PC share.

Thanks.

Yes. You specify the username and password at the time you set up the connection link within Astro. It works fine with Windows Home Server. Also works with ftp sites.

XStroX

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
My desktop has Bluetooth and I'm able to pair it with my ThunderBolt and transfer files without any problem. Didn't have to do anything special. It just worked. This is under Win7.

I've also used Astro File Manager with the SMB add-on to transfer files between my ThunderBolt and my home server over wifi. Works great.

Not sure why Bluetooth "just worked" for you and doesn't work at all for some of us. Seems strange. I'll try messing around with it a bit more. Perhaps I'll also give the SMB add-on a try. I really just want an easy way to transfer pictures/videos I have taken to my computer.

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Part of it could be the capabilities of the Bluetooth module in the PC you're trying to communicate with. Mine in built into the motherboard of a home-built system and supports a wide range of transfer types. I had used it previously to play audio files from my BlackBerry on my PC speakers and to use the speakers and microphone on my PC as a "headset" for phone calls on the Blackberry. I paired it with the ThunderBolt using the normal "add device pairing" process and have been able to do the same thing I could with the BlackBerry and also to transfer files. No special drivers or configuration was needed other than installing the Bluetooth module drivers from my motherboard manufacturer.

I did find that file transfers via Bluetooth were pretty slow. I prefer to use Dropbox which seems to be almost instantaneous.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc