Are you glad to jumped to a Thunderbolt?

skiracer2002

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The more I use it, the more I like it. I'm in a strong LTE area and I've got faster download speeds than my home internet (economy RCN broadband). I can't imagine going back to anything smaller than a 4.3" screen. I came from an LG enV Touch, so this was a big jump. My wife has an iPhone and I can't get past the simplicity and lack of widgets. It's just not fun to use after spending a day with my TBolt. Everything is fast on this phone from the UI to the web.

It has its bugs and I get force closes now and then (especially Words with Friends). The battery life was a problem in the beginning, but it has gotten better. I can easily make it through a day with normal use (txt, calls, light web surfing, heavy email checking). But I use it to stream music on the way to and from work (Audiogalaxy or Slacker), so I typically give it a recharge mid-day while at work.

It does everything I need it to do and more. I haven't rooted yet and will probably wait a year or so to do so where I'm new to all this. I contemplated bringing it back and waiting for the DINC2, but am glad I didn't.

Subliminal

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, other than words with friends I have no issues...and that came out in a new version this morning so...fingers crossed!

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a Droid 2, I love the thunderbolt. For all you guys going for the charge, good luck with updates.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Coming from iphone4(at&t) I love the Thunderbolt, but I wont talk down about the iphone because it is a good phone for people who want the easy way of doing things and don't mind being locked in to doing what Steve wants you to do, as for the TB I don't regret purchasing it but I am taking it back to Best Buy today for a new one due to echo in speaker, the complaints I get from the people I speak to are driving me crazy, tried to ignore them but it's anyone I talk to on the speaker, they hear a doubling voice and if I do a conference call its worse, I don't hear this but everyone else does. I hate to return with the fear of getting something else crappy but since BB will honor their own 30 day policy I am going to give it a shot, I also have light leakage that I was pushing under the rug so maybe the exchange is a good thing. I really would love to get the full benefits of this phone so it is kind of frustrating to go through this, as for battery life, I don't have extended battery was waiting until the case come out for it but at this point I can last a day, but with the new phone I will have to condition it all over again*sighs*, so it's basically a question of whether or not you are ready to learn a phone all over again, and what your needs are in reference to a phone. I love the learning experience, this phone is a power house and I am looking forward to taking full advantage of it. Hope this helps:). BTW live in New York 4G coverage is amazing, I am in strong 4g area (brooklyn Ny).

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't really had any problems with the TB. I'm coming from a BB Tour, so it's a HUGE improvement. I was having battery issues at first, but now when I go to bed, I still have between 35-40% battery life after using it all day. I've never had my phone do a random reboot, the only issue I have is like someone else mentioned, Words with Friends is a little buggy, but I don't know if that the phone or the app. Its so nice to actually be able to look at webpages on my phone and the 4G is almost as fast as the internet on my computer. When you download and app, its pretty much instant. When you want to watch a YouTube video, it loads very quickly. I guess my advice on this would be that if you live in a 4G area, get this phone. If not, I'd get something else.

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah. It wasn't a major upgrade for me (had the Incredible for almost a year) but just enough of one to make me very happy. Android + HTC = :D

iifuzz

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i have a fascinate, buying a TB today....

I love the sammy screens, but damn their software and firmware support sucks.... i cant stand my fascinate.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Love the phone.
I am spoiled because I've had LTE since I got it, day after launch.
I've traveled twice for work outside of LTE...and it's still a great phone...but LTE is really icing on the cake.
I have not had any of the major issues others have.
Quality and reliability of mine phone have been superb.

Coming from a Blackberry (but have tested other droid phones) I knew not to expect the same email functionality or battery life.

Once I got over that hump....(by getting a charger for my office desk, home and car) I couldn't be happier. I gave my 5" TomTom to my girlfriend, I bought the car dock.

My ONLY complaint is battery life, but it is honestly not that bad.
Skype Mobile with video is now working even though it's not officially released, that's a nice feature for family back at home.

For any one fault of this phone, I could point out 3 to 4 pluses.

Work pays for my phone, on the Tbolt I paid for it all out of my pocket (300 for phone, ext battery and dock) and I don't have any regrets.

Sure, in 3-6 months something faster with better specs will be out.
So what...you could spend a lifetime waiting for the next fastest device...

major_works

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a non-smart, non-Android phone (Samsung Rogue), I am a pretty happy camper. "Major upgrade" is a huge understatement in my case.

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes best purchase on cell phone in a while, coming from a storm 1 no regrets just wish it had better battery life in 4g area it last good in 3g

garweft

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I love my TBolt and it's a huge upgrade from the BB Curve. I'm in a solid 3g area and have only got to play in 4g while in Pittsburgh last weekend. Still an amazing phone to me, but I'm not really phone savy so if your always on the newest and best my opinion might not be the one to look at.

I'm sure I would be just as happy with an iphone, DX, or anything else less than a year old. Battery life was all I was worried about but it makes it thru the day for me as long as I don't try playing 2-3 hours of angry birds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463