Low volume control on thunderbolt

allaboutnewphone

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have a problem with their ringer volume? I can barely hare the ringtone when someone calls me, unless i'm sitting right next to it? Is there any apps to increase the built in volume?

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Mines real loud even when not at full volume, using stock ringer.

Without making another thread I have a somewhat related question. The lowest volume setting is with the rocker is about 14% volume, and about 7 or 8 % using the manual setting in volume settings. Is there an app or something that I can fine tune the volume to 1, 2, 3% etc.? Sometimes it's too loud even at 7%. Thanks for any help, sorry about the potential hijack.. :)

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Maybe both you and the opening post have issues with your ringer, because there was one time I didn't have it turned up all the way and my wife asked if my phone was ringing because she could barely hear it and I apparently didn't hear it at all.

Of course we were in Pizza Hut, but it wasn't super loud in there or anything.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My ringer volume is ok for me on its loudest setting. I do wish it had more of a significant/noticable difference in volume levels as you go from one end to the other. What I have a problem with is the poor low level vibration that apparently nothing can be done about.

bdragon

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
You might have a problem with your speaker. Is it only the ringer that is not loud enough? Is playing music, speaker phone....etc, loud enough on the highest setting?

allaboutnewphone

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I use my own ringtones that I make, Everything else is fine with the speaker as far as my sms ring tone, and when I play music it's loud and clear, but just when I receive a call that my ring tone is barely being heard unless i'm sitting right next to it. I don't know what's wrong, I have my volume set to the highest???

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I use my own ringtones that I make, Everything else is fine with the speaker as far as my sms ring tone, and when I play music it's loud and clear, but just when I receive a call that my ring tone is barely being heard unless i'm sitting right next to it. I don't know what's wrong, I have my volume set to the highest???
Well, that does seem to narrow the problem down to the specific ringtone you made. Can you edit it and increase the volume?

-Frank

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

It has to be the program you are using to make your ringtones or the files themselves because I only have one really soft ringtone and it was soft on the other phones I had it on also. I was just testing all of them out and my animals were going crazy and my wife said it was loud.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

CynicalDreams81

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I have a problem with my volume as well. It is not (in my case) a ringtone problem. Selection sounds are almost inaudible, screen lock sound almost inaudible, stock ringtones I can hear only when sitting next to the phone (which are not loud which I might add) and my ringtones I've made are the same as stock (yes I have increased the volume on them). I experimented with the kickstand closed and opened. I hear no difference. Also when putting the phone to vibrate, then back to full volume all sound is cut in half from their current reduced rate until the phone is reset. It really seems it's either software or hardware related.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have a problem with their ringer volume? I can barely hare the ringtone when someone calls me, unless i'm sitting right next to it? Is there any apps to increase the built in volume?
Good Morning,

I had the same problem I could turn my ringer all the way up and I still could barely hear it, I thought it was the specific ringtones in which I used so I tried them all still no help, when I started hearing people complain about my speaker echoing I got fed up and exchanged my phone. It was the speakers, now my phone can be on low and it's still loud and no more echo and hissing sounds. Hope this helps:)

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a problem with my volume as well. It is not (in my case) a ringtone problem. Selection sounds are almost inaudible, screen lock sound almost inaudible, stock ringtones I can hear only when sitting next to the phone (which are not loud which I might add) and my ringtones I've made are the same as stock (yes I have increased the volume on them). I experimented with the kickstand closed and opened. I hear no difference. Also when putting the phone to vibrate, then back to full volume all sound is cut in half from their current reduced rate until the phone is reset. It really seems it's either software or hardware related.
Hi Cynical,

It could be your speakers. Try using your speaker phone to see how loud it is. My son has an evo and he would always ask me why my phone ring so low, I could only hear it if I was right next to it, even if I played music it was low, I still tried to deal with it because I didn't want to be another exchange horror story, but I caved in and took it. New phone speakers are amazing, I can have it turned down and it's still loud.

allaboutnewphone

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
It has to be the program you are using to make your ringtones or the files themselves because I only have one really soft ringtone and it was soft on the other phones I had it on also. I was just testing all of them out and my animals were going crazy and my wife said it was loud.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Maybe it is, I use Ringdroid, but what's weird is I've always been using that for all my other phones and the ringtones seems to be fine. I will check to see if the default ringtones rings louder. Actually I don't know if it is my ringdroid app now because I use the same app and apply it toward my sms ringtones and it's loud enough, So I really don't know what is wrong. Maybe I will just call or take it into Verizon and see.

Last edited:

allaboutnewphone

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Good Morning,

I had the same problem I could turn my ringer all the way up and I still could barely hear it, I thought it was the specific ringtones in which I used so I tried them all still no help, when I started hearing people complain about my speaker echoing I got fed up and exchanged my phone. It was the speakers, now my phone can be on low and it's still loud and no more echo and hissing sounds. Hope this helps:)

Can I go exchange it for free?? Will Verizon give me a new phone even after my 14 days is over? Because I think it is the speaker problem, I thought my music was loud enough for me but my sister have the same phone and her ringer, sms, and music player seem to be way louder then mines.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My volume is probably fine but I never hear it in a loud environment. I carry in a holster and that may exacerbate the problem.

Is there a way to turn up vibration volume? I could feel it on my Droid in the holster but not my tb.

As an alternative - is there a particular ringtone that is so uniquely annoying and unusual that I may notice it in a loud busy environment like the beach or the mall?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol