n00b email issue

Erica_Lynnnn

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Okay! I don't even know why this happened but I was getting emails on my phone and the notifications and all that jazz that's SUPPOSED to happen... and then a few days ago... that just stopped. I now have to manually retrieve my mail, which is kind of annoying. It's very annoying. What do I do? I fixed this problem once and I completely forgot what to do.

Thank you guys! I'm the n00biest of the n00bs. :p

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, it depends somewhat on what kind of email server you're getting your mail from, but, try this.

Email | Menu |Account List | Pick the account (if you have more than one) | Menu | More | Settings | Send&Receive | Update Schedule | Frequency:peakTime and Frequency Off-PeakTime. Set it to your liking.

Also, from the home screen... Menu | Settings | Accounts&Sync | Mail (Or Google - depending on your mail server) | Sync Mail [checked], Update when opened [checked].

-Frank

Erica_Lynnnn

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Thank you!! For some odd reason, one of the options was unchecked. Perhaps there is a phantom in the night operating my phone.

(And in case anyone else is dealing with this issue, I'm using the Gmail app.)

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you!! For some odd reason, one of the options was unchecked. Perhaps there is a phantom in the night operating my phone.

(And in case anyone else is dealing with this issue, I'm using the Gmail app.)
I've found that when scrolling up and down on these screens with checkmarks that I have to be really careful not to accidentally check or uncheck an item when I only want to scroll. I've gotten burnt on that before. So, now, I make a mental note of where the checkmarks are, or aren't, before I scroll. :)

-Frank

Reactions: Erica_Lynnnn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos