My prior phone, the LG Dare, allowed me to touch the screen and it would come on to show me my icons (Texts, missed calls, etc.). It would not unlock, but merely turn on, similar to hitting the top right button on the TBolt. Is there a way to do this for the TBolt - with the screen touch feature?

When riding my motorcycle I used to just touch the screen and quickly glance down to see if I had missed texts or who they are from. I have the alerts setup on my TBolt to vary in color depending on who they are, so this would rock if I could just tap the screen to see the unlock screen.

Thanks!
    04-17-2011 07:01 PM
    Depending on where you are keeping the phone this could cause a potential problem: increased battery drain. I understand what you are saying/inquiring about, but just imagine how often the screen would just STAY ON if you had it in your pocket and every time you took a step it would wake the screen up.

Just something to think about.
    04-17-2011 07:06 PM
    I dont use any thing like this personally. but I have heard apps like widget locker and the like might be able to do what you are asking. someone that use these might be able to clarify that.
    04-17-2011 07:22 PM
    Depending on where you are keeping the phone this could cause a potential problem: increased battery drain. I understand what you are saying/inquiring about, but just imagine how often the screen would just STAY ON if you had it in your pocket and every time you took a step it would wake the screen up.

Just something to think about.
    I appreciate the info. I would want something I could turn on/off, like bluetooth, wireless, etc. I would want it on when stored on my tank bag (clear plastic pouch on top holds the phone and my EZ Pass). Then, click it off when I go to put it in my pocket. I can't recall any issues with the Dare though, but that's a whole other phone type I guess.
    04-17-2011 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD