Sun glare on screen

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed while outside, I'm having to turn my screen display all the way up to 100% to see my screen, while indoors I have it at about 30%. Talk about battery killer. If others are experiencing this same thing, what are others doing about it?

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed the past couple sunny days (they are far and few between for spring :mad:) but the only thing that I can recommend if it bothers you that much is set the brightness to to auto adjust.

How ofter are you going to be using your phone outside for prolong periods of time anyway?

Reactions: anonymous239411

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed the past couple sunny days (they are far and few between for spring :mad:) but the only thing that I can recommend if it bothers you that much is set the brightness to to auto adjust.

How ofter are you going to be using your phone outside for prolong periods of time anyway?

On the occasional going to/coming from work, then going out some place. I wish the auto adjust would work better. When in darker areas it seems that it wont dim enough, and it could go a little more.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
On the occasional going to/coming from work, then going out some place. I wish the auto adjust would work better. When in darker areas it seems that it wont dim enough, and it could go a little more.

I have the Brightness widget on the first screen to the left of my home screen. It divides it into 3 settings, so that may work the best for you since you keep it at about 30% most of the time anyway. You would be at about 34% at the lowest setting on the widget.

Last edited:

Xharakov

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Just as an aside to this, someone in another post about a week back said they had talked to an HTC technician who said that their own internal tests showed that from about 75% brightness on down to 0, there was no discernible change in battery usage.
Whether or not that's true, since reading that post I've cranked my brightness level to about 70%, and I've noticed little or no difference in battery life from when I had it at about 20%. :eek:

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Just as an aside to this, someone in another post about a week back said they had talked to an HTC technician who said that their own internal tests showed that from about 75% brightness on down to 0, there was no discernible change in battery usage.
Whether or not that's true, since reading that post I've cranked my brightness level to about 70%, and I've noticed little or no difference in battery life from when I had it at about 20%. :eek:

Really? Thats something to consider, I'll try it out when I get home. Not going to take the risk of draining it at work. Where exactly are you reading 70%, under settings its just a slider bar.

Also I tried the auto adjust option, to me it doesn't auto adjust whether in dark or bright environments, is it just me?

Last edited:

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have mine set on Auto brightness. I actually see better battery with it then when I had it set to 20% and since it auto adjusts itself i can see the screen in the sun light! :p

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I have mine set on Auto brightness. I actually see better battery with it then when I had it set to 20% and since it auto adjusts itself i can see the screen in the sun light! :p

Edwill, under what conditions do you actually see the screen auto adjust in terms of brightness? I've had it set to auto and I have never seen the screen adjust.

Xharakov

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Really? Thats something to consider, I'll try it out when I get home. Not going to take the risk of draining it at work. Where exactly are you reading 70%, under settings its just a slider bar.

Also I tried the auto adjust option, to me it doesn't auto adjust whether in dark or bright environments, is it just me?

The 70% was just an approximation based on where the slider is at. I've never tried using the the auto brightness setting...

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone used an anti glare type of screen protector? Is there a significant difference with being able to see the screen better without having to turn the display level higher?

thamadness

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I can barely see my screen in the sun regardless of wether or not I have the brightness all the way up or down. I hate it. I have a screen protector that I got from verizon and wonder the same thing... if a different screen protector could help fix this problem? any suggestions?

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Here's a lil trick to know what the screen brightness percentage is: Menu..settings.power..power saver settings..screen brightness settings..slide bar to just before the C in Cancel for 70%..ok.. It will show % under screen brightness settings label

JakesPrePlus

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I bought the anti-glare screen protectors and they do help some but it takes away from the clarity so much that I took it off almost immediately and went to a normal protector. Aside from that, I just use the brightness widget.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781