Unlimited data grandfathering with T-bolt and Alltel plan.

Volbeat

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I know this is a shot in the dark to whether someone actually knows or not, but I currently have a Thunderbolt on an Alltel plan. I hear all these rumors about tiered data and whether or not we guinea pigs will get grandfathered in.

My question is if theyll grandfather the Alltel plans in or not? I do have the option to switch to a Verizon plan and get a 22% discount which would be cheaper than what I have now, but Id lose a few minutes and my friends and family. We aren't scheduled to get LTE any time soon so Im in a 3g area.

Anyone know or have a good guess?

nativi

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well the word is that we will get to keep unlimited data. But others say it will change when the new plans come. But i think that if we have to get the cap plans that it will be when you upgrade again.

ktez

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I have been wondering the same thing as I too have an alltel plan yet. I'm hoping to keep it as long as possible since I really like the night minutes starting at 7pm. Hope someone knows this......

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest calling vzw to ask them this..but vzw will def try to pull one over and tell you you have to switch to a vzw plan or else. because..its Verizon. :p.

if its cheaper then go for it. getting locked in to unlimited data def worth it. My opinion is its better to be safe then sorry.

also if you have a contract they can not change your plan at all without voiding your contact.

good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Free Tool Setups