Notification sounds

silinthar

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to the android scene, but i have been surfing for an answer and cant seem to find one.

How do i get sounds that I have put on my SD card to appear in the notification sounds options. I have several that I put on my SD card in the /media/notifications file but they do not appear when I go to change it. And there is no option to add sounds like there is in the ringtone menu. Am I missing anything or is the TB locked out any sort of non-stock sounds?

BTW I have not even taken the easyroot plunge yet, so no my phone is not rooted yet.

Thanks in advance.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Personalize button (Right side next to Phone button on bottom) > Ringtones > New ringtone (if your ringtones are not in the list) > select the ringtone... it scans all your Media, including songs.

silinthar

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Personalize button (Right side next to Phone button on bottom) > Ringtones > New ringtone (if your ringtones are not in the list) > select the ringtone... it scans all your Media, including songs.
That's not what I am looking for. I know how to add a ringtone and how to change them. I have a few notification sounds that I have from my old storm that I would like to use as notifications buit I can't get them to show up as an option for notifications.

As the title of this thread indicates, I am looking for help in "notifications", ie email, or texts, not ringtones.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to the android scene, but i have been surfing for an answer and cant seem to find one.

How do i get sounds that I have put on my SD card to appear in the notification sounds options. I have several that I put on my SD card in the /media/notifications file but they do not appear when I go to change it. And there is no option to add sounds like there is in the ringtone menu. Am I missing anything or is the TB locked out any sort of non-stock sounds?

BTW I have not even taken the easyroot plunge yet, so no my phone is not rooted yet.

Thanks in advance.
Using Astro to do a quick search (from the root) for the native notification sound called "Ascend" I found it here: /system/media/audio/notifications/Ascend.mp3.

I'm pretty sure if you put your .mp3 sound here that it would work. Or probably other file formats besides .mp3 too.

-Frank

silinthar

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
That was it. i needed to put them in the right files in the right order. I was missing the audio file inbetween the media and notifications files.

Thanks for the help.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
another method for you to try ;)

Thanks in advance.
My I suggest an app called 'ZEDGE', instead of trying to port over ringtones, wallpapers, and notifications you already have on your SD just find them with this app.... when you find what you want (and I promise there are sooo many, you will find what ever you want). then whenever you go to your native email, SMS app, or what ever you want to choose a ringtone or notification or r wallpaper for it will give you the option for zedge (choose that) and then pick some of the ones you 'Downloaded'... also, you can make your own ringtones with RingTone Maker app in the market (its amazing, trust me)... if you have any more questions, hit me up :) hope I cleared up somethings or helped

ps...I had the same problem before when i had the DX and switch to the Dinc. zedge app is easier to use and they have EVERYTHING you can fathom. and if you go online and set up an acct with zedge you can take your ringtones, wallpapers and notification tones to ever phone ever owned in your future... I use this app everyday

Reactions: atcjr

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
If you create folders for notifications ringtones and alarms, all lower case, in the SD root directory they will appear in your lists.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie