I came across this article yesterday in onee of my computer electronic newsletters.

Skype for Android leaks user data - Computerworld

These are quotes from the article:

Computerworld - A flaw in Skype for Android could let criminals harvest private information from smartphones, including the user's name and email address, contacts and chat logs, the Internet calling software maker confirmed Friday.

On Friday, Skype acknowledged what it called a "privacy vulnerability" in its Android client. Although it promised to address the problem, it did not spell out a timetable.

"We are working quickly to protect you from this vulnerability, including securing the file permissions on the Skype for Android application," said Adrian Asher, Skype's chief information security officer, in an entry on a company blog.

As of late Sunday, the Skype app for Android had not been updated.

I would have serious reservations about using the "leaked" version that showed up last week.
    04-19-2011 07:59 AM
    yea there's been two or three discussions on this already on here.
    04-19-2011 08:03 AM
    04-19-2011 08:03 AM
    Old, old news... check back a week or two in the news.
    04-19-2011 08:17 AM
    Also there are plenty of security leaks around even in release versions of apps. It's not like it really matters if companies can see basic info about you. They already have a database with way more info from facebook and other sites. This was just big news because people crap their pants over permissions and security without really knowing what's going on.

-stock HTC Thunderbolt tapatalk
    04-19-2011 09:00 AM