Battery loosing full charge

jpvybes

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that when they fully charge their TB, unplug it, run a couple apps and 10 - 15 minutes later it has come down about 10%?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
You may also notice that if you check the battery % right after you unplug it, it will actually read ~96% (or not a full 100%).

I notice this most when I unplug it from a prolonged time plugged in (like if I leave it plugged in overnight). My only guess is that since it stops charging when it reaches 100%, some power is able to drain, and it doesn't start charging again unless I unplug it and plug it back in.*

I've started fully charging before I go to bed if possible, unplugging it while I sleep, then just "topping" it off in the morning while I'm getting ready for work. (it's usually only down to 75-85% when I wake up if I go to bed with it fully charged). I find when I do that, that first 10% of battery lasts a good bit longer than it does if I leave it plugged in all night...

*I really have NO idea, just speculating

rcpa

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I use the Battery Monitory Widget to graph the current usage of the battery. If you look at the current graph when the battery is fully charged, you will see that the phone starts alternating between a charge and a discharge cycle that lasts about 30 minutes. It charges for 15 minutes and then discharges at about 130 mA for 15 minutes. I have found that if I unplug the phone at the end of the charge portion of the cycle, the battery level stays up near 100% for a while, but if I unplug the phone near the end of the discharge portion of the cycle, the battery level drops almost immediately to around 95%.

I've attached a picture that shows what the charge/discharge cycle looks like.

cohall

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
charge to green, unplug, power off, replug, charge to green, unplug, power on, charge to green...repeat 4 to 5 times until it's immediately green after replugging it in.

alternatively, I find that if I unplug it after a night of charging, check some quick email, then replug while I shower and get ready, it accomplishes 99% of what a full bump cycle does.

Reactions: jpvybes

jpvybes

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I use the Battery Monitory Widget to graph the current usage of the battery. If you look at the current graph when the battery is fully charged, you will see that the phone starts alternating between a charge and a discharge cycle that lasts about 30 minutes. It charges for 15 minutes and then discharges at about 130 mA for 15 minutes. I have found that if I unplug the phone at the end of the charge portion of the cycle, the battery level stays up near 100% for a while, but if I unplug the phone near the end of the discharge portion of the cycle, the battery level drops almost immediately to around 95%.

I've attached a picture that shows what the charge/discharge cycle looks like.

Where can I find the battery monitor widget? Is that provided by HTC or a downloaded app?

Thanks.

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Where can I find the battery monitor widget? Is that provided by HTC or a downloaded app?

Thanks.

HTC does provide the ability to download a battery widget that will tell you specifically the percentage remaining of your battery charge. Just go to the widget menu and select "Add more HTC widgets".

FWIW, IMHO, battery monitoring widgets just polls the battery all the time, which means it will wear it down.
You can also create a shortcut to the "Battery Use" section of the setting menu. This way, you can find out which processes/programs are using resources when you want.

Reactions: jpvybes