4G hotspot -- verizon 6 months free?

Jay_Vegas

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Any truth to the rumor that Verizon is issuing a 6 month free usage of the 4g hotspot for Thunderbolt owners? I bought mine the first day and the free usage expires on May 15th...should we all start complaining to Verizon or is this 6 month free usage only a rumor?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Any truth to the rumor that Verizon is issuing a 6 month free usage of the 4g hotspot for Thunderbolt owners? I bought mine the first day and the free usage expires on May 15th...should we all start complaining to Verizon or is this 6 month free usage only a rumor?

It's just a rumor, all of the marketing materials I have seen say till May 15 and then it is $20 for 2GB I believe.

jtalker1965

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow your getting something for nothing. Sure start complaining so they pull the whole thing and then nobody gets it all. If it will happen I am sure it will be posted here and texts will be sent out.

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
You can complain when it didn't work like they said. It never works properly between my phone and my macbook pro, or even my older HP netbook. Was a gimmick/ploy they used to get us all excited, kinda like Skype.

cohall

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
You can complain when it didn't work like they said. It never works properly between my phone and my macbook pro, or even my older HP netbook. Was a gimmick/ploy they used to get us all excited, kinda like Skype.

Has worked flawlessly for me so far.

mo-bile#AC

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site

Works fine with my MBP and iPad.

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
The $20/2gb tethering plan for VZW's 3g phones will not apply to the Thunderbolt. I work there and our internal documents say that plan will not apply to 4g devices. Unfortunately, no details on what the plans will be once this free feature is scrapped on May 15th.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
The $20/2gb tethering plan for VZW's 3g phones will not apply to the Thunderbolt. I work there and our internal documents say that plan will not apply to 4g devices. Unfortunately, no details on what the plans will be once this free feature is scrapped on May 15th.

Interesting because when I was int he store the other day the little promo sign specifically said $20/ 2GB after May 15 ... we shall see what happens I guess. That's actually better than I am getting for my Xoom which is 1GB for that price...

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting an iPad 1 WiFi only and getting this. How much monthly for 5GB?

According to the most recent VZW book $50 for 5GB and $80 for $10GB

And yes the $20/2GB plan does specifically say it is for 3G phones only... guess we will have to see what happens on May 15

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

And yes the $20/2GB plan does specifically say it is for 3G phones only... guess we will have to see what happens on May 15

Oh I'm out if that's the price. I was just looking for cheap internet. I don't have a computer. Thought a WiFi tab would be least expensive.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Interesting because when I was int he store the other day the little promo sign specifically said $20/ 2GB after May 15 ... we shall see what happens I guess. That's actually better than I am getting for my Xoom which is 1GB for that price...

Wow, that's not good. I mean I've used 5GB ON my Thunderbolt and I didn't tether or even stream that much. I can't imagine how much data an iPad or Xoom would use per month.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that's not good. I mean I've used 5GB ON my Thunderbolt and I didn't tether or even stream that much. I can't imagine how much data an iPad or Xoom would use per month.

The Xoom has widgets and true multitasking so it is much more than the iPad but yes it is a lot more than phones. I went through 600mb the first day *when I was installing apps and whatnot) before I switched to WiFi.

lemieuxfan67

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

I'm pretty sure there is only just the 2gb/$20 mobile hotspot data plan for android/iphones. Beyond 2gb, it is $10 per gb.

The 5gb/$50 and 10gb/$80 applies to the usb cards and mi-fi's.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The 5gb/$50 and 10gb/$80 applies to the usb cards and mi-fi's.
Yes, I believe you are correct. Additionally, I called VZW a week or so ago and specifically requested to purchase the Mobile Hotspot plan for the ThunderBolt "right now" without waiting for the free trial to expire. They couldn't sell it to me because it was not available for sale. So... what's that mean? Hmmm...

-Frank

macewank

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
it probably means they never intended to give it to us for free for any reason other than they didn't know what to charge us. 5/15 is probably a placeholder date for the announcement of terms.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15