Thunderbolt Alarm not going off?

EvolutionGSR

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
My alarm has not gone off two days in a row. First night I thought I just slept through it, but two days in a row sleeping through it doesn't happen to me. I don't use task killers, I have the alarm volume turned up all the way no matter what sound profile the phone is on. Phone is too far away from me to sleep-snooze. Anyone else have this problem or have a solution?

EvolutionGSR

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I did that this morning when I woke up late. And it did go off. So i don't get why it wont go off an hour earlier when it was origionally set.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Stock alarm for HTC Sense... at least I'm guessing that is what you are using.

Go into the Alarm... Menu > Settings > be sure "Alarm in silent mode" is checked... then check the Alarm volume, and Snooze duration are set correctly.

My device is in silent mode during the night... and these settings work great... and it gets me up even with ear plugs in (not always necessary, but I do to get a good nights sleep sometimes... if you see where I'm going with that... if not, don't ask).

Reactions: Chrisy

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
So, you don't have any other apps that are changing your profile, or monkeying with sounds???

Did you try rebooting your device???

EvolutionGSR

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
No apps that change profiles, or do anything with sounds. Device was rebooted before I want to sleep as part of my routine of restarting every few days.

EvolutionGSR

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
what does it mean when the time the alarm is set to is white numbers on a black background, as opposed to when I try creating new alarms, it is on a white background with black numbers?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I think you got the why is this alarm black and this white thing... so, just another little dumb question, but one I have to ask... is it set ON with the check box checked???

My Monday alarm is not set on for Monday, but my Tuesday and Wed-Fri alarms are set on.

kixazz2529

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am having a similar issue. I had my alarm set for 8am and it was working fine, going off until I either snoozed or dismissed it.

I changed the time to 7am and now it goes off for about 2 seconds and appears to automatically snooze itself. It continues to do this until I unlock the screen and lock it again. After i've done that and it goes off again, it will continue to ring correctly until I either snooze or dismiss it.

Never had this happen before but it started two or 3 days ago.

cynicaL#AC

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
i've been having this issue for the past 4 work days. luckily i'm self-employed so it's ok and i make my own hours. at first, it was the snooze that wasn't going off. today it was the alarm in general. MY guess was that when i get an email or notification, it cancels the alarm. i'm gonna give it a test right now

-nope it wasn't that, gonna try to see if it's the task killer. i'll try your suggestion below as well.

Last edited:

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
i've been having this issue for the past 4 work days. luckily i'm self-employed so it's ok and i make my own hours. at first, it was the snooze that wasn't going off. today it was the alarm in general. MY guess was that when i get an email or notification, it cancels the alarm. i'm gonna give it a test right now

Just for another data point, try this: set an alarm for 20 minutes from now, then battery pull and restart the phone, see if the alarm still goes off.

I have a suspicion that your phones are (unknown to you) spontaneously rebooting overnight and the alarm service doesn't restart until you unlock the phone the first time. Just a suspicion.

cynicaL#AC

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Just for another data point, try this: set an alarm for 20 minutes from now, then battery pull and restart the phone, see if the alarm still goes off.

I have a suspicion that your phones are (unknown to you) spontaneously rebooting overnight and the alarm service doesn't restart until you unlock the phone the first time. Just a suspicion.

this didn't work either, i have a feeling it's the task killer, i'll give it another run tonight. thanks for the help though

echotodd

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had the auto snoozing problem with my alarm and in one instance it not going off. It may not be your task killer as I've never used one on mine. On mine, the culprit (I believe) is TV Shows Stream. Every time I use that app something else seems to go funny on my phone, either the alarms get goofy or the screen will stop going off. Usually a reboot corrects this but in the instance of the alarms I have to go into the alarm and delete, not reset, the instances of the alarms then add new ones. That's what's worked for me. Serves me right for using an app that may be doing something that isn't entirely legal. (not finger pointing here, it just seems too good to be true)

EvolutionGSR

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Yah i dont have any of those streaming for twitter or stuff like that. This is getting irritating i dont wabt to have to dist off my real alarm clock it takes up too much space.

EvolutionGSR

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
My alarm went off this morning. This time i didnt do a restart. I think i restart and leave it plugged in and go to sleep. Im going to start doing my routine restrts in the morning now. I think the guy who said its restarting and alarm services not turning on may uave been right, except im restarting it on my own instead of the phone restarting itself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta