VZW Text about Thunderbolt

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone notice that if you choose "most popular" for the thunderbolt that the desktop charger is available? Is that the same as the "multimedia dock" they promised a while back?

HiPower

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
WOW! $60 for a desktop cradle? Does anyone else have sticker shock? I really hope they make the price more reasonable when its actually available.:(

Last edited:

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone notice that if you choose "most popular" for the thunderbolt that the desktop charger is available? Is that the same as the "multimedia dock" they promised a while back?

Looks like the one. It was always listed that high, and yes, it's way too much. I can get it for $45 which is still too much, but I would really like to have it to charge my phone and extended battery at the same time... birthday coming up.

It's on the regular site now too. Out of stock.

Looks cheap... for $60

htc_thunderbolt_desktop_charger.png

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the one. It was always listed that high, and yes, it's way too much. I can get it for $45 which is still too much, but I would really like to have it to charge my phone and extended battery at the same time... birthday coming up.

It's on the regular site now too. Out of stock.

Looks cheap...

htc_thunderbolt_desktop_charger.png
I hate it being sideways. Personally, I use my kickstand all the time on my desk in the portrait orientation while charging and/or plugged into the PC. I really don't see the point of a "desktop cradle". Watching movies in landscape maybe? But I wouldn't want to have to put up with a sideways phone 99.9 percent of the time when I was not watching movies. :)

EricWiz

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Isnt there a 'multimedia' menu for when it's in the dock like with the og?

As has already been said, what's the point of landscape if you have to read in portrait?

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
I keep looking at that ThunderBolt™ Inductive Battery Cover but it's $40 and the guy at VZW store showed me the charging pad for it and it's $60. Plus the charging pad only fits one phone. So my choice is to get this for a total of $100 or get the extended battery for $7...hmmmm decisions decisions.

Accrete

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
on the inductive charging stands. There is an article referenced in the Tbolt battery tips thread that states the Li Ion batteries don't fare well in the long run on the wireless stands due to the increased heat transferred to the phone/battery. Nice technology, i'm just not sold on it yet for use on a nice gadget like our Tbolts.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
So I didn't go through the complete checkout process for the Extended Battery but does anyone know if it still can be ordered through there? The reason I ask is because the main site still shows that the Extended Battery is out of stock right now.

bthomp21

Banned
Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
i want the dock, but i get 25% off of accessories so i dont want to checkout with a full retail price. someone please try to buy!! lol

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Check this review on the dock..... uggh.... can't charge the phone and battery at the same time without using a usb cable, and power cable?! kidding me.

Should be called "Thunderbust" Cradle charger. You have to use a power outlet to charge a battery. Very good. But then to charge the phone, you have to plug it in to USB on a computer. There is no HDMI or Media outlet except for the USB Cable. Save your money. Can do same thing with supplied USB cable that comes with Thunderbolt.

itsdollar

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
It's not available yet I don't think (I could be wrong) so chances are that review is from another dock seller. I see lots of reviews for stuff not available and they are usually bad.

itsdollar

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I saw it over the weekend but VZW never had it in stock did they? I wish they would so we could get a honest review before buying it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams