BATTERY UPDATE.....At Least That is what VZW and HTC Told me

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
If it's 1430-1500, im just gonna sell it on ebay lol

at which point a rather unknown buyer named CTH makes several thousand purchases of the batteries on ebay and then local Verizon stores are mysteriously flooded with overstock of batteries...

hmmm...peculiar :)

(HTC allocates $XXXXX to produce XXX,XXX batteries @ minimal cost, ships to corp stores to be distributed via MEID/SIM registration, batteries re-sold on ebay for pennies since market is oversaturdated with them, bought by CTH, distributed to Verizon stores, then marked back up 900% in store @ Verizon stores once again)...the great circle of life! :)

Last edited:

sjf707

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Battery ups and downs

I have had the TBolt for over a month. The battery was awfull then got better and now has up days and down days. Some days battery lasts a few hours and some days it goes as far as 10 hours with the same use. Always in a 4g location, sounds to me like software issue and an OTA update might help but def need a bigger battery.
Anyone know if the battery lasts longer using WiFi or 4g? I've used both and can't determine which is better for preserving battery life.

:) Not sent from my Tbolt,,,,,,,cause its charging:'(

neoterixx64

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I have the extended battery but I can't get used to the weight and the way it looks with it on. So I purchased another standard battery and will return the extended. I rather swap out the battery and retain the TB's slimness and weight.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I could imagine with just a little more investment in R&D, they could have fit a 1700mAh battery in this phone. They just chose not to. One complaint I have about HTC as a company is they seem to have gone the route of quantity is better than quality. They're constantly pushing out phones, which in retrospect, are all identical. They all share the same flaws as well; speaker, battery and bulky when in comparison to other companies. They have gone better with their choice of materials used on their devices and their camera sensors, but that's it. You can tell HTC doesn't put as much money into their R&D department. The Thunderbolt is as good as it gets and I would hope come upgrading time, I can get another HTC with a much higher quality. Not that the Thunderbolt is that bad, but it doesn't stand out next to other flagships in quality.

Reactions: tluv004

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
do you know how highly htc would be praised if they released a battery that has more capacity but fit in the stock compartment if they did that I would have no question or doubt in my mind to choose htc as my next phone device again even the phone shoulda been a bigger battery it's great to see a company take action sending there loyal customers a bigger battery for free

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I can't see any OTA update to ever fully rectify this problem. The EVO and several other devices suffer from the same problem. They (HTC) is just avoiding the truth •> There isn't a solid fix to solved these battery issues. They could send us update until they're blue in the face, these batteries will not last longer than what we're getting.

I refuse to (disabled, changed and tweak every feature on my phone to prevent battery consumption). Which in most, or all cases doesn't even work.

Last edited:

JetDr330

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I can't see any OTA update to ever fully rectify this problem. The EVO and several other devices suffer from the same problem. They (HTC) is just avoiding the truth •> There isn't a solid fix to solved these battery issues. They could send us update until they're blue in the face, these batteries will not last longer than what we're getting.

I refuse to (disabled, changed and tweak every feature on my phone to prevent battery consumption). Which in most, or all cases doesn't even work.

I totally agree "I refuse to disabled, changed and tweak every feature on my phone to prevent battery consumption". I did not buy a phone with Lamborghini performance to drive it like a Ford Fiesta nor do I expect it to use the same energy consumption. Just hoping the charge port doesn’t wear out as fast as tires do.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUSH

Cringey

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I totally agree "I refuse to disabled, changed and tweak every feature on my phone to prevent battery consumption". I did not buy a phone with Lamborghini performance to drive it like a Ford Fiesta nor do I expect it to use the same energy consumption. Just hoping the charge port doesn?t wear out as fast as tires do.

I'm wondering if thats why they made the inductive charging battery cover accessory...

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if thats why they made the inductive charging battery cover accessory...

I do have serious concerns with the inductive battery cover... logically, if the back cover is part of the antenna, every time you drop your TBolt on a charging pad the signal strength will drop out due to the electrical interference. That was something a few co-workers and I were discussing... if anyone here has used to inductive back cover, let me know if it works!

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Reality 1
OTA Update Only

Reality 2
OTA Update
OEM Upgrade Battery 1600 to 1800(Sold Separately)

Perfect World
OTA Update with OEM Upgrade Battery(Standard Size).

My World
OTA Update
CM7
Hope for OEM upgrade from 1400mah to at least 1600mah battery standard size battery.

With just the OTA Update and CM7 on my stand point will take my battery life from satisfactory to better but hoping to be great. Gingerbread alone does great to improve battery life for most phones as well taking with CM7 version even better. Well I will just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
I see a "problem" with the inductive charger. If you look at it closely it seems there is actually a small bump right at top of where the battery itself is. Can someone look at it see if I'm just seeing things? (That's the phone portion no the charging pad)

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I can't see any OTA update to ever fully rectify this problem. The EVO and several other devices suffer from the same problem. They (HTC) is just avoiding the truth ?> There isn't a solid fix to solved these battery issues. They could send us update until they're blue in the face, these batteries will not last longer than what we're getting.

Every HTC phone I've ever owned has had poor battery life. Most of them have been android phones, starting with the G1, as well a couple of that used a Windows OS. Part of the problem is that HTC chooses to use smaller capacity batteries than what would be ideal for their phones.

If you compare and equivalent Motorola phone to an HTC, Motorola tends to use bigger batteries in their phones.

The problems with battery life on HTC phones will not improve, because the company chooses not to build into their phones, better batteries to begin with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance