4G Where are you?

kristykat182

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
First off, I am sorry for the many posts. I just got this phone last night and I am the only one I know that has it and I need a little help. I work in an area that is said to have 4G via the verizon website. It's been an hour and I have seen zero signs of 4G on my phone. Is there something I have to do for this to kick in?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
First off, I am sorry for the many posts. I just got this phone last night and I am the only one I know that has it and I need a little help. I work in an area that is said to have 4G via the verizon website. It's been an hour and I have seen zero signs of 4G on my phone. Is there something I have to do for this to kick in?

It should be on 4G out of the box... did you get it in the mail or have a VZW store set it up for you???

In the mail you should have put in the SIM card... did you do that? And if it's from the store, you should have never walked out without it working... can you get to a store to have them look at it??? Or call VZW and ask them if there is an issue with LTE in your area.

JerseyDubbin

Open Source For Life!
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Could be them messing around with the network in your area. I live in North jersey with constant 4g (about 20 min out of NYC) and I have full 4g service but last night and this morning it's been sitting at 3g. 4g kicked back in probably around 8am.

Just a thought

kristykat182

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
It should be on 4G out of the box... did you get it in the mail or have a VZW store set it up for you???

In the mail you should have put in the SIM card... did you do that? And if it's from the store, you should have never walked out without it working... can you get to a store to have them look at it??? Or call VZW and ask them if there is an issue with LTE in your area.

I bought it online. And yes I put in the SIM. Maybe I will go to the VZW store after work and have them look at it.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Don't think their map is entirely accurate. I'm in Wilmington, NC and had no 4G on part of the highway that should've had full coverage. I did get it in one area and it made me jealous. Hurry up Raleigh.

Yourself

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the middle of a strong 4g area at work and half the days this week, I've been stuck with 3g. It's just part of the network I've learned to deal with... :(