On my thunderbolt, Everytime I try to download something from lets say mediafire, it downloads it in .bin unless it is a .zip file. I don't know how to change it. is there a way to change it or am i stuck not being able to download stuff?
    04-22-2011 03:14 PM
    and if there is a thread about this already, please point me in the right direction. thank you
    04-22-2011 03:17 PM
    i ran into the same problem--trying to download the Skype app & more recently a Weather widget ported from the LG Optimus

but then i realized i was clicking on the wrong download area of Mediafire

double check where you're tapping

should be tapping "click here to start download from Media File" text, nothing else in that box
    do not tap the "DOWNLOAD" or "PLAY NOW" boxes to the left/right of it.

if you're certain you're tapping the right area---then i apologize. this held me up for a bit until i kicked myself for overlooking this.
    04-22-2011 03:43 PM
    yea I am pretty sure I am pressing that, I will try it again. I will make sure i zoom in haha
    04-23-2011 08:53 AM
    So I just tried zooming in and that still didn't work I don't understand this. I used to do to it fine on my Droid.
    04-23-2011 09:00 AM
    This should let you download zip files through your browser.

Download the free Astro File Manager from the market.
    Launch Astro, hit menu, then more, preferences, at the bottom of the menu is a Enable Browser Downloader check this.

This will allow you to download all different types of files through the browser. They say is can make some downloads in gmail not work so if you have any problems with gmail downloads make sure you remember to turn this back off. Honestly I haven't had any problems with gmail so I'm not sure what it can cause to mess up. I leave my option check all the time in Astro.

Hope this helps!!
    04-23-2011 10:36 AM
    this doesn't make any sense. It does let me download .zip files and I have astro and the browser option checked. I guess I will just have to deal with it. It is just kind of annoying if i wanna download something and i have to get it on the pc.
    04-24-2011 09:28 PM
    It is annoying~~Do you use stock browser to download? You have other browser or phone assistance? They do not work well ?
    05-07-2011 12:23 AM